printed October 26, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2447914

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Cell Site Activation - Upstate NY

by vzwguy72    Jul 13, 2010, 9:24 AM

I know there are many factors that go into determining this, but what's the average amount of time it takes for a carrier to turn up a new cell site? A new 4 panel array went up over a month ago in the Albany NY area, and no service yet from it. The only carrier in the area to use 4 panels per cell (2 long, 2 short) has been VZW due to their 850 & 1900mhz service. This is a shorter site and it's being used to fill a small, but densely populated area. How much reconfiguration is usually done to neighboring sites? I'm guessing they're running fiber ethernet to this site for their 4g push. These two things would probably lengthen the amount of time it takes to put it into service. Does it normally take a while to turn these up?

Also - some sites in the area are getting one of there shorter 1900mhz panels swapped for a longer (850mhz? 700mhz?) panel. Could this be a re-banding of the area to move evdo into the lower 850 band? I highly doubt Albany would be getting antenna changes for LTE this soon.

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.