Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

NO FLASH PLAYER FOR BB??

eddgarr

Dec 15, 2009, 12:52 PM
Im sure this topic has been covered, but im a new BB user and wondering why BB's don't have flash player. and ive read that most smart phones don't have flash player. we're paying good money for the phones, shouldn't we have that already included. i know they're in the middle of getting something set up for BB to have flash, so I hope we don't have to wait too long for that upgrade.
ecycled

Dec 17, 2009, 8:09 PM
Skyfire will be the first browser to have flash on the blackberry. Aftermarket usually does first then the manufacturer.

Here's the problem with flash on a phone as I see it; First proprietary Adobe. They have to adapt it for mobile devices. Second memory intensive. How would you like your split second browser to all of the sudden run very very slow. This will be taken care of with better hardware, 1Ghz+ processors but for now it doesn't work so well.

If you think about your home computer always wanting updates. How much do we not want that on a mobile phone?! I would kill if I was trying to make a call and it needed some stupid update.
dntbhatin

May 29, 2010, 9:01 PM
get an htc incredible:
HTML Browser: Supports Flash Lite 4.0
KriisCDW

May 30, 2010, 3:45 PM
is BS.

Ba dum ching...

Seriously tho... I think Flash is due with BB OS6?
Amarantamin

May 30, 2010, 4:00 PM
Blackberrys are good if you want to say you have a Blackberry. Or I guess for battery life some people say or something like that... I dunno what battery life is, I have an Android. It does stuff, though, and that makes me happy. Unlike Blackberrys.
KriisCDW

May 30, 2010, 4:47 PM
that Blackberry's biggest "strength"... is the fact that people are used to it.

Good, bad or indifferent...

Same reason I don't see Apple going down to fast, to soon...

Despite the fact that Android is better in many aspects - too much time and money has been invested to simply move on. Apps, music, games, etc...

Once you get set in your way, people become loyal out of sheer laziness and/or cheapness (why buy App A, B, c again on Android when I can stay on Apple/BB/etc for free?)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.