Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

What's your perfect Android?

CellStudent

May 23, 2010, 9:14 PM
I'm feeling a bit bored on a Sunday afternoon, so I thought I'd start a random thread. So, here's what I would look for in a perfect Android device, what are you looking for?

My specs:

3.9 to 4.1 inch diagonal, 480x800 or 480x854 aspect (anything bigger is too much for me)

LCD screen and NOT one of those garbage AMOLEDs
5+ MP camera (I'd tolerate an 8 MP, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker)

HDMI out port

REAL Android keys on the bottom with an optical pad (like the HTC Desire and NOT the fixed capacitive buttons on the HTC Incredible and most others)

Physical send/end keys squished down in the corners (like the LG Ally)

Display should wrap all the way to the sides of the screen (iPhone-like clearances on the left and r...
(continues)
iamajim

May 23, 2010, 10:06 PM
I'd say you covered most of the bases all right. For me I could go to 4.3 screen, I don't have a problem with the bigger size but 'ya, maybe 4.0.
I like the physical send/end keys on the Ally, they look for all the world like Storm keys (I'm still serving my time on the S1, can't wait 'til I'm free).
Not sure if I'd go with a slide out keyboard; been a long time since I've used one but I've always liked the one on the TP2.
And world capable 'cuz I travel a lot.
CellStudent

May 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
While I do like having real buttons sometimes, I think the virtual keypad on a 4.0 or 4.1 screen would be big enough for me in landscape, and all the keyboard mechanics take up PRECIOUS battery compartment space. Battery is far more valuable than keyboard in my book, even a well defined keyboard like the Env series wouldn't change my mind on that one.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.