Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Dear Adobe,

justfinethanku

May 13, 2010, 11:09 AM
Your Ad campaign against Apple is a joke. You are publically stating that the internet should not be controlled by any one company yet you literally BRAG about your proprietary control of web video on the internet.

Is this your way of saying "we are going to make flash open-source"? I mean, if not, knock it off!

What a huge pile of hypocrisy. wow.

Apple has every right in the world to controll what is and is not allowed on the device they have designed, manufactured and sold.

The best part about this whole ad campaign your running is that you are bashing yourself for being a closed and controlling company.

Get your buggy, defective and antique hands off of my phone and computer Adobe.

Apple doesn't want flash on it's ...
(continues)
Yean

May 13, 2010, 7:32 PM
Adobe Flash 10.1 will be running on Google's Android 2.2 Froyo OS, which I have to say it runs GREAT from the footage that I've seen. Apple's waiting for protocol to run HTML5. Wow! Flash is here alreay, and is more robust. Don't get me wrong, Apple is great, but never seems to get the picture. The 1st iPhone, running on a 2G network when 3G was available. No MMS, no copy and paste, no video, geez Apple. Now the iPad, what a fail. Let's make a tablet, no USB, no Flash, make more apps to make the product "cooler", put iPhone OS, and slap a Apple logo on it.
wompwomp

May 14, 2010, 7:40 AM
if Steve Jobs called me lazy, i'd probably do the same thing 😕
Menno

May 22, 2010, 10:34 PM
and they made a compiler for apple's Iphone OS as well.

They're not trying to limit ANYONE to one platform. yes, flash is the largest player out there, but it's not the sole thing they develop, and they don't block people from porting flash apps to other formats (The iphone developer agreement basically says that anything you develop for the Iphone can only be USED on the iphone, and you can't cross compile it to another platform)

And as countless videos are showing, HTML5 is nowhere near primetime ready.

Adobe isn't closed anymore than H.264 is (which is still closed, but not to the level that Apple's ecosystem is)

And Flash isn't buggy, not any more than any other app for the web.
iamajim

May 23, 2010, 10:11 PM
Yeah, but come on you guys, the ipad is so....magical hahahaha
crApple, I swear. I don't know who's worse, Steve Jobs or all of his admires. It's like Alice's tea party, dysfunctional.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.