Phone Scoop

printed September 2, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2297942

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Top message:  Speaker dependent vs. speaker independent voice dialing by rla1000   Feb 7, 2010, 3:32 PM

Replying to:  Re: Speaker dependent vs. speaker independent voice dialing by ecycled   Feb 8, 2010, 5:12 PM

Re: Speaker dependent vs. speaker independent voice dialing

by rla1000    Feb 8, 2010, 6:00 PM

Thank you for your reply. I had a strong feeling the industry was headed toward speaker independent technology given the dearth of speaker dependent phones by the mainstream carriers, and those that are listed are no longer being offered or supported. Screening on phonescoop for S-D voice dialing, camera, and flip (clamshell), and currently available produces a total of about three phones among all carriers combined, and I don't like the looks of any of them.

Thanks also for your feedback on your experience with S-I. It sounds like this feature/technology on your phone operates more reliably than on the Rumor2. This will be good to know when I do have to get a new phone.

For now, the carrier I was switching to waived the ETF I would have been subject to, and I'm returning to my old carrier. And my old LG VX-7000. Smile

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.