Phone Scoop

printed July 22, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2297892

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Replying to:  Speaker dependent vs. speaker independent voice dialing by rla1000   Feb 7, 2010, 3:32 PM

Re: Speaker dependent vs. speaker independent voice dialing

by ecycled    Feb 8, 2010, 5:12 PM

Can't say about speaker dependent voice dialing, maybe one of Moto Razrs (not V9)? They are usaully cheap second hand.

Alternative: I'm sure Verizon has this too, but on ATT there is *8 for 4.99(free first 30 days). It is a phone independent network feature. This means if you use it and save your contacts to it, if you switch phones it will work just the same and move with you. Could be worth a try.

I am sorry you are having problems with your phone. I use the voicedial (independent) starting with the Blackberry Pearl, with very good luck. I have used the LG Vu, and now LG XENON. I really won't have a phone without it. In the car I have a speakerphone Bluetooth and can just hit the call button and speak the name without even taking it out of my pocket. My point is, that yes the industry is going independent, because people are lazy and rarely did I ever see someone program their voice for voice tag (in general, present company excluded). I tried it and didn't have very good luck with it personally.

Long question, long answer :-) Good luck on your quest.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.