Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Discernments in 3G Data capabilities in CDMA technology.

ghostwillhaunt

Jan 15, 2010, 5:09 PM
I was wondering if EVDO Rel. 0 was considered 3G data capable compared to Rev. A? If anyone could help me out with that I'd appreciate it.
Menno

Jan 15, 2010, 7:06 PM
Rev 0 is still considered 3g. it's slower, especially on the upload side of things. Most networks in the US use RevA though, so unless you have a very small regional carrier, you should be running on RevA
WernerCD

Jan 18, 2010, 9:55 AM
Most carriers run RevA... but most phones have been Rev0.

For the majority of people, this doesn't matter. The speed increase downloading is minor, while the speed increase in uploading is where the difference is noticable.

On a phone like the Env3, would you notice it? not likely. Phones that you would notice it have the newer revA - Droid, Pre, Blackberries, Aircards, etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong 🙂

Kriis
Menno

Jan 18, 2010, 2:06 PM
Nope, you're correct. Most dumbphones have Rev0 because they don't need the faster speeds. The Versa, EnVtouch, and Rogue all have RevA though.

And internet on my Droid is AMAZING
ghostwillhaunt

Jan 25, 2010, 5:37 PM
Thank you guys, that was all helpful

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.