Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 27 replies

touch screen trouble shoot

urmom

Jan 18, 2010, 6:12 PM
ok so as far as i know any touch screen phone has the option to be calibrated is this true or false?
juice007

Jan 21, 2010, 4:35 PM
False... Some screens don't. My myTouch doesn't. Unless I missed it but I don't think that is the case. I did a calibration check when I first got my phone though.
slimkinn88

Jan 21, 2010, 4:49 PM
juice007 said:
I did a calibration check when I first got my phone though.

so than it would be partaly true if that was the case with your phone!
juice007

Jan 21, 2010, 4:51 PM
What do you mean?
slimkinn88

Jan 21, 2010, 6:02 PM
well i have the moto cliq and i can calibrate my phone and if you have the my touch and calibrate it as well than it is partialy true
that most phones can be calibrated so 2 out a dozzen or so more phones i know can be calibrated so now i just need to find out if any other touch screen phones can be calibrated
juice007

Jan 21, 2010, 6:19 PM
Well I just did a lil calibration when I first got it but I don't have the option to do that anymore.
slimkinn88

Jan 21, 2010, 11:55 PM
thays what i mean you were able to calibrate the sccreen to your touch when you first got it most or all touch screens have this ability !?
vampyra

Jan 21, 2010, 11:56 PM
all touchscreens have the ability to calibrate. y?
Jayshmay

Jan 22, 2010, 12:11 AM
I don't currently own a touch screen phone. So when you first get it, and turn it on for the first time, there's an application that you have to press certain places on the screen for it to get use to finger?
vampyra

Jan 22, 2010, 12:13 AM
no you go to settings and calibrate. it helps learn how you touch and use the phone. and it learns the more and more you use it. you calibrate it to give it a first idea, and then it slowly adjusts for you.
Jayshmay

Jan 22, 2010, 1:06 AM
So does how people use touchscreens vary that much?
vampyra

Jan 22, 2010, 1:43 AM
depending if u type fast, slow, use ur fingernail, fingertip, left handed, right handed... it depends.. it throws me off when i let somebody else us mine too lol.
Jayshmay

Jan 22, 2010, 2:40 PM
Oohhh, cause then it starts learning their usage habits!

Well thanks for the insight, I'm in a learning process for my next phone right now.
vampyra

Jan 25, 2010, 9:07 PM
i love it. i went from a chocolate at verizon to att and i love the touch screens. however my fiance hates them... so it depends. id try playign with it in store to see if its for you.
Jayshmay

Jan 25, 2010, 9:27 PM
Does the screen get dirty at all, finger oils, constantly performing functions, with touch?

Also, how do you do speed dialing on a touch phone?

So you switched to ATT? Which phone do you use? I'm wanting to get an Android smartphone.
vampyra

Jan 25, 2010, 10:31 PM
if your eating food, or have damp hands, its a magnet. the only thing i dont like is that i cant change the screensaver. its auto set, and the fact that its hard ot play touch games. i also like the fact that myxer and phonezoo ringtones work with it. it doesnt have speed dialing, if it does, i havent looked for it, i only really talk to 5 people and theyre all in my call history.

yes, i switch ed to at& t after verizon refused to give me an early upgrade opposed to my 5th chocolate in a month. i was willign to pay the full upgrade price, extend my contract, and pay cash in store and the manager told me to f*** off. i took my lines to at& t. i took 1 line and my friend had 4 lines. were all at at& t now. all had been at least 6 yr custom...
(continues)
Jayshmay

Jan 25, 2010, 10:35 PM
Did the Vzn mgr actually tell you to f**k off?
vampyra

Jan 25, 2010, 10:41 PM
yeah, and then refused to give me back my battery. i had to scream at him in store in order to get it. i came back 25 mins olater with a new phone. he was p****ed off.
Jayshmay

Jan 25, 2010, 10:43 PM
Refused to give you your battery?!!!? Isn't that called stealing! Damn! If I were you I'd try to get in touch with the regional manager!
vampyra

Jan 25, 2010, 10:48 PM
i walked out . i was tired of dealing with idiots. his exact phrase was * thats absolutely not going to happen, how about another exchange? or you pay full retail... $449.99... i said uhm no, im a loyal customer, i deserve it.. its onyl a few months early. 4 at most, ill pay the 199.99 in cash, and youll get commission. manager -> yeah, not going to happen, take the chocolate or f*** off.

i started screamign and demanding my phone back but he said if i was going to cancel why did i need my vzw phone. i grabbed the phone off his table and screamed for my battery. he handed it over and i stormed out.
Jayshmay

Jan 25, 2010, 11:06 PM
The point isn't that your canceling, the point is that the phone is YOUR PROPERTY, and he has no right to take possesion of something that BELONGS to you. You should've have b****ched to somebody higher up!
vampyra

Jan 25, 2010, 11:18 PM
i didnt care at that point. i just wanted to get out. i was tired of supervisors in call centers and rude dealers not listenign to what i was looking to do, just saying no before they understand the situation. lol
Jayshmay

Jan 25, 2010, 11:22 PM
Damn. . .I hate people aren't even flexible!
Well, seems as though things have worked out for you.

I've been with ATT for slightly over 8yrs myself.
vampyra

Jan 25, 2010, 11:37 PM
i love it. only issue ive ever had was a deposit issue. but i dont care abt that, il get the 300 back in 6 months anyways. lol.
NEPats726420

Jan 26, 2010, 4:28 PM
vampyra said:
i love it. only issue ive ever had was a deposit issue. but i dont care abt that, il get the 300 back in 6 months anyways. lol.
simmeon

Jan 26, 2010, 4:42 PM
Nowe you are just getting lazy
NEPats726420

Jan 26, 2010, 4:50 PM
i give new meaning to the word lazy
WernerCD

Jan 22, 2010, 9:54 AM
The three touch screen phones in my store - Droid, Palm Pre and Instinct - none of them have calibration in settings that I can find.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.