Phone Scoop

printed December 18, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2277640

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Top message:  The End of Apple Dominance of Smart Phones is at Hand by erikclarke   Oct 11, 2009, 11:36 AM

Replying to:  one word by GraGG   Oct 12, 2009, 5:10 PM

Re: one word

by WernerCD    Jan 15, 2010, 4:53 PM

Backgrounder on a Jailbroken phone does get around the issue... but it doesn't change the underlying problem of an "over protective" company. I shouldn't have to jailbrake my phone to do what I want with it.

On the flip side, Google is going to have to tread VERY carefully lest the fall into the trap microsoft fell into: too many support requirements. This single biggest threat to Android domination is fragmentation.

Either Apple is going to change their tune and open up to more options (more than just one company's phone)... or Google is going to buckle down and create a better plan for supporting what will soon be 40+ phones (plus internet enabled microwaves and what not.)

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.