Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Anyone know of cell phones that may INCREASE in value?

britsmarie

Oct 28, 2009, 1:11 PM
I'm wondering if I should just go for the phones that really just look plain weird, or have a unique design to them

The phones that are really worth some change right now, at this second (various blackberries and palm pre) would never get their asking price in, say, 30 years from now, because all the value in those phones is the inovation, and inovation loses value when everyone ends up doing it.

Trying to think of something I know a bit about that I can collect, keep new in box, and would be worth some money for my kids or something. 🤣

Any suggestions?
Drunk

Oct 28, 2009, 2:22 PM
gold
it's just what you've described and people have done it for years.
britsmarie

Oct 28, 2009, 3:21 PM
Gold keeps a pretty steady value-- TBH, it really does stay the same (even has gone down for some years) with inflation and value fluctations. They say the money right now is in silver-- buy low sell high.

Silver and gold values seem to not increase in time in value and not the type of thing I'm looking for.

Thank you for the thought though!
Gadget Junky

Oct 28, 2009, 5:54 PM
Anything by Vertu would be your best bet. They're a small volume, niche market manufacturer (arm of Nokia to be honest), and exclusively expensive. Starting over $5,000, and topping out over $300,000.
britsmarie

Oct 29, 2009, 12:42 PM
Now these phones value at 300K, does this mean they'll reasonably increase in price? Probably a bit out of my league for the moment but will be an extremely good place to start when its more in my price range-- thanks so much! 🙂
ecycled

Oct 29, 2009, 4:18 PM
My guesses: Motorola Aura, Iphone 2G 4GB...reasoning below.

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

This poster is saying what I was thinking and a cominbation of Drunks response as well. Collectible phone conditions are unknown. Vertu will increase because of the materials used: gold, diamond, etc.

You have to determine what will cause it to increase in value.

For example look at the car market: desirability, rarity, story. I would say "condition" but it is actually not that big of a deal if everything else is top notch for a car. Think of an untouched 1910 duesenberg, multi-million dollar car. Another example is comic books/action figures: desirability, condition(does matter here), rarity, story (che...
(continues)
ecycled

Oct 29, 2009, 4:42 PM
Here's my list:

1) Analog Motorola V60t that came with a Mercedes Benz or BMW.

2) Iphone 2G 4 GB version

3) Motorola Aura

4) Vertu based on materials used
mist668

Oct 29, 2009, 4:47 PM
Stocks....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.