Phone Scoop

printed July 31, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2198872

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Replying to:  Anyone know of cell phones that may INCREASE in value? by britsmarie   Oct 28, 2009, 1:11 PM

Re: Anyone know of cell phones that may INCREASE in value?

by ecycled    Oct 29, 2009, 4:18 PM

My guesses: Motorola Aura, Iphone 2G 4GB...reasoning below.

http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4 ... »

This poster is saying what I was thinking and a cominbation of Drunks response as well. Collectible phone conditions are unknown. Vertu will increase because of the materials used: gold, diamond, etc.

You have to determine what will cause it to increase in value.

For example look at the car market: desirability, rarity, story. I would say "condition" but it is actually not that big of a deal if everything else is top notch for a car. Think of an untouched 1910 duesenberg, multi-million dollar car. Another example is comic books/action figures: desirability, condition(does matter here), rarity, story (check out the original GI Joe it was called Action Man in Europe made for only a short time in 1969 in the 12 inch variety, all 3 desirability, rarity, story, condition).

desirability, rarity, story for a phone... if I may offer another possible phone. Iphone 2G 4 GB version, very limited supply and was pulled within 1 month of being on the market.

Most old phones do not become collectible in terms of monetary value, but more in the historical sense. This means that a phone will be collectable in a long time when the number of phones is so small they are considered rare in any capacity: Analog, GSM, CDMA whatever. Think vases, super old worth MONEY!, the one at big lots that does the same thing $5.

Unless you can find a sentimental value, phones are decreasing, period.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.