Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Feature phones with threaded messaging,,,Is it possible?

Bull_Dogg_88

Aug 23, 2009, 12:41 AM
Ive had smartphones n I never used even half of the applications on them. As you know, when your texting alot of people on a feature phone u hav to go back and forth looking at what u said. Im a heavy texter and I just want to be able to text faster n easier...do is there a phone like this or not? you would think with all these dual and full keyboard phones that they would hav it, right?
mist668

Aug 23, 2009, 11:21 AM
Blackberrys list the individual messages from newest on top to oldest on bottom. Win mo phones 6.1 and up have threaded, which is chat style. My e71 lists them just like my blackberry, but only with the symbian interface. So yes
Bull_Dogg_88

Aug 24, 2009, 10:39 AM
thanks for the info....could i download windows 6.1?
mColinb

Nov 15, 2009, 5:31 PM
No, Windows Mobile is only available on PDA's, as are Blackberry's and e71's. They are starting to release more feature phones with threaded messaging, so just stay on the look out
qualityrocker

Mar 3, 2010, 3:09 PM
We just had training about it today.
afroman4

Dec 24, 2009, 10:46 AM
Blackberrys list the individual messages from newest on top to oldest on bottom. Win mo phones 6.1 and up have threaded, which is chat style. My e71 lists them just like my blackberry, but only with the symbian interface. So yes

Actually on my E71x i found an unsigned threaded messaging app that looks exactly like the same as the iphone. And it doesnt drain my battery either!!! 😲 but to answer the question being asked its only on a select number of feature phones. Just give it a little bit more time and im sure here in 2K10 we'll see it become a standard...
ecycled

Aug 24, 2009, 4:23 PM
phones with threaded msg:

LG Xenon
LG Neon
Motorola Karma Qa1

I carry the xenon and really like it. Have a 4gb memory card (13 movies in 3gp format, 400 mp3 songs, countless pics/vids/rings). I use the voicedial, GPS. Camera could be better but then the price goes up. Love the physical keyboard switched from an LG Vu to it, keyboard has shortcut keys that I use: new text message, .com (button that will do .com), arrows, enter key. I use a2dp to play music from my motoroal t505 wirelessly in my truck.

NEON is a kids phone.
Karma is quirky but those who like it LOVE it.
Rich Brome

Sep 27, 2009, 5:21 PM
Yes, a lot of newer, messaging-focused feature phones do have threaded messaging. We list that under Text Messaging in the specs here on this site.
meeshxsmith

Nov 16, 2009, 2:36 PM
Just to clarify under phone finder that is Instant messaging, correct?
Rich Brome

Nov 16, 2009, 2:45 PM
No, instant messaging (IM) is different. IM is like AOL IM, Yahoo! Messenger, etc. That's more like real-time chat, and it started on PCs, then became available on some phones. You need an account and a username, and you can sign in or sign out.

Text Messaging (SMS) is specific to phones. If you have a phone, you can receive any text message sent to your phone number.
mellowlen62

Nov 19, 2009, 6:48 PM
MMhhmmm, well, I have an outdated Palm Centro (I know, gasp...) and it's always had threaded messaging. You mean the berries don't? Now I'M gasping. 😁
Azeron

Nov 24, 2009, 1:21 AM
My VX6900 with WinMo 6.1 has threaded messaging.
phonelover143

Nov 24, 2009, 1:06 AM
I'm just not sure if there is an available phone like that. All I know is threaded messaging can be seen on forums or chats 🤣 Why don't you try to search on Google. Maybe they can answer your question...

http://reversephone-look-up.org/ »
qualityrocker

Mar 3, 2010, 3:08 PM
We are coming out w/New Generation Messaging, an application that allows users to view sms and mms as one threaded message.
viperguy

Mar 18, 2010, 8:22 AM
Thats been out for Tmobile or HTC devices on a downloadable app which is free. AT&T barely getting it I for one think AT&T is way behind the bend.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.