Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Cell phone - wifi feature

MitaM

Sep 22, 2009, 10:29 AM
Can anybody provide information on the percentage of cell phones in Asia, Europe and USA with wifi feature?

I would like the information source to be referenced.

Thank you.
mrpmpfan

Sep 26, 2009, 5:14 AM
Hard to say since there is a ton of carriers and some have similar devices. Also Verizon cuts wifi to phones that technically have them. But I know with AT&T we have the Samsung Jack, Nokia E71x, Blackberry Bold which are currently on sale.

Something for your school report is that wi-fi on cellphones is not active in its entirety when data is blocked off an account and only works partially if pay per use is active. However new data phones with AT&T can not longer block or due pay per use.
Rich Brome

Sep 27, 2009, 5:18 PM
mrpmpfan said:
Also Verizon cuts wifi to phones that technically have them.

That's not true.

Something for your school report is that wi-fi on cellphones is not active in its entirety when data is blocked off an account and only works partially if pay per use is active.

I don't believe that's true, either.
mrpmpfan

Sep 29, 2009, 5:25 AM
Explain to me why the Blackberry Tour then doesn't have wifi when its identical to the Blackberry 8900 that AT&T offers which does have wifi.

I promise you that if you block mobile internet from your phone your wifi on your device will not connect to the internet. And if you have pay per use (which doesn't exsist anymore thank god) then it will only work sometimes but you run the chance of connecting to the mobile network.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.