Phone Scoop

printed November 26, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=2144946

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Replying to:  ASCAP sues AT&T seeking royalties on ringtones heard in public by Menno   Jul 4, 2009, 3:03 PM

Seriously, Folks?

by chapster    Aug 28, 2009, 7:00 PM

Is this for real? Suing a company that already pays royalties for people using the ringtones in public? I mean, I get the whole starving artist thing but that's crazy. Don't get me wrong, I think its equally ret@rded that the same companies that are getting sued charge 2.99 for for 15 - 20 seconds of a song that you can pay .99 for the whole song. (WTF?! I know it's just free market and if people wanna pay that much, go ahead and here's your sign. But that's a different argument)

The problem with suing for more royalties is that ultimately it's not AT&T that's gonna pay for the fees. It's the end user... AKA me and you. AT&T (and other's in the industry) will just pass the buck. It happens in every business in every industry everyday.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.