Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

VZ HTC Ozone vs BB Tour

pdilustro

Jul 1, 2009, 11:10 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right forum but my question is I'm looking to purchase my first smartphone, I'm between the htc and waiting a couple of weeks for the tour. I'm looking to use it to check personal email(gmail and aol), sports scores, stock quotes and browse and search the internet. I'm sure once I start playing with it I'll be using all sorts of apps and other stuff. I'm not really sure what the difference between WinMo and the BB platform are, I have no bias either way but the VZ reps keep telling me to wait for the tour but couldn't give me the pros and cons of each. I'm wondering if anyone had any insight on these and if its worth the extra 150 for the tour
foneguy

Jul 2, 2009, 2:19 PM
What do you want the phone for, that would help to decide on the phone.
pdilustro

Jul 2, 2009, 2:43 PM
I'm looking to use it for texting, getting email and surfing the web... maybe even for talking. i guess long story short, I'm looking for something that can be as close to my laptop as possible. i don't know much about apps programs but i'm sure i will once i start downloading them or which OS is going to have better ones or if they are both going to be the same
Menno

Jul 2, 2009, 5:52 PM
Windows mobile has more apps, but blackberry isn't far behind.

In my experience Blackberry is more customer friendly in terms of getting used to the Operating system.
foneguy

Jul 3, 2009, 12:33 PM
For as close to your PC as possible, anything Windows Mobile is going to beat the BlackBerry. Cost is also a factor here, the BlackBerry is going to be 199.99, where the Ozone is 49.99 I believe. Both are after mail-in rebates.

Now, if cost is no option, the Omnia 2 is coming out this month, but I don't know what day, and rumor has it the Touch Pro 2 is launching this month as well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.