Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Want external antenna port

SouthernComfort

May 22, 2009, 8:26 PM
Many of us living in the rural and sparsely populated western states need an external antenna to get reliable service.

An alarming trend seems to be the elimination of the external antenna port on new phones.

I hope the manufacturers read this forum.

HELP
Dollgrin

Jul 20, 2009, 9:29 AM
Yes, a lot of the phones now don't have the external antenna, but Sprint has the Airave which is a pretty nifty device. You have to have DSL/Cable in your home, and you plug the device to the broadband cable. This device will give you 5 bars, as well as having several small plans that offer different features. 4.99 gets you the enhanced coverage. There are two other plans, one that's $10 per line or $20 for the whole account that will give unlimited calling while around the device. You can also have up to 50 authorized numbers that can have access to the enhanced coverage that you're able to manage online with your Sprint account. You'd have to check your area to see if it's compatible. It may not be for everyone. If you don't have Sprint se...
(continues)
mist668

Jul 20, 2009, 6:39 PM
Femtocells
Cellinovation

Jul 21, 2009, 6:55 PM
You can also get wireless external antennas now.
mist668

Jul 21, 2009, 6:58 PM
The ones that stick fast to the phones don't work for crap. Anything with a plug in actuall repeater setup seems to work the best.
Cellinovation

Jul 21, 2009, 7:00 PM
no not the ones that stick to the phones.
It is a wireless 3 watt kit. You can get them though wilson electronics
mist668

Jul 21, 2009, 7:18 PM
Oh my bad, same thing I was talking about wi-ex makes them as well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.