Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

fast battery drain

OSUguy

Feb 10, 2004, 11:13 AM
help! I have a phone with a battery that drains pretty fast. i took it to the local sprint store and a tech told me that he tested the battery and it was fine. he then told me that i should leave the phone in the "sprint only" mode and this will help with fast battery drain? i know that phones use more power in analog but do they use the same amount of power in searching for service mode when set on "sprint only" and if so where can i find specs in writing that say so.
casey13

Feb 10, 2004, 3:52 PM
When a phone is in automatic mode it searchs for the strongest signal about every 2.5 seconds. This will caus the battey to drain quicker because the phone will lock on to a tower of one company and send a nother signal to all the oter towers around it to see if any bodyeles can beat it. when in single mode it will find and sprint tower and not look for another sprint tower till it is getting a weak or bad signal and then will find another sprint tower then..

make sense ?

😲
Travinator

Feb 12, 2004, 7:55 PM
Please try this OSU guy. #1 reset mini-browser, #2 Get PRL update for better signal, #3 Check for latest software, #4 Just turn the phone off until later time. This = Longer Battery LIFE!!! Sprint PCS Tech in Training V12.
PupaScoopa

Feb 17, 2004, 10:52 AM
What kind of test was done on the battery? A full overnight load test on a battery analyzer or a voltmeter?

9 times out of 10, the battery can be defective. Sometimes cleaning the boards in the phone can help. Lastly, replacing the phone.

PRL: doesn't make any difference if you're in an area that already has an established network in place and hasn't had any changes in a while.
angel2004

Feb 11, 2004, 9:51 AM
I would take your home charger in to have a tech look at it. Maybe it is not charging your phone like it should.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.