Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Please help

hyatt1

Apr 8, 2009, 7:40 PM
I have a virgin mobile phone that was my brother's phone. He recently passed away (3/4/09), and he has it locked with a passcode. I am trying to get in his phone (it's a prepaid phone) to contact the people who left him voicemail messages. He lived in a different state from me and I don't know who his friends are. Can anyone help me unlock his phone? Trying to figure out his passcode is impossible and I don't think Virgin Mobile will give it to me. It's a KYOCERA model phone.

Thanks for any help you can give. From what I understand it will only hold messages for 30 days and that time is approaching since he died on March 4th.

Thanks
hyatt1

Apr 8, 2009, 7:41 PM
I have a virgin mobile phone that was my brother's phone. He recently passed away (3/4/09), and he has it locked with a passcode. I am trying to get in his phone (it's a prepaid phone) to contact the people who left him voicemail messages. He lived in a different state from me and I don't know who his friends are. Can anyone help me unlock his phone? Trying to figure out his passcode is impossible and I don't think Virgin Mobile will give it to me. It's a KYOCERA model phone.

Thanks for any help you can give. From what I understand it will only hold messages for 30 days and that time is approaching since he died on March 4th.

Thanks
Rich Brome

Apr 9, 2009, 8:34 AM
I am sorry for your loss.

You need to contact Virgin and/or Kyocera. They should have the codes, if it's possible to access it at all.

There is usually a way to access most voicemail systems from a different phone. You don't necessarily need to use his phone. You do need his voicemail passcode, but if you can prove to Virgin that he has passed away, they should be able to help you bypass that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.