Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

i bought a deffective E71 and Nokia wont replace it

sharon19

Mar 6, 2009, 11:53 PM
my E71 is still in warranty and for the 4months that i had it, i was able to send it to nokia service center for 4 times already. No mishandling on my part, they agree that the unit is defective and the option they're giving me is just the replacement of its motherboard.. would i settle for this? or should i really demand for a replacement? i've researched laws about consumer's rights that i may file against them if ever.. i dont know what to do and people at nokia care cant help me with this one. please help me. thanks
OfAMightDivine

Mar 7, 2009, 12:16 AM
sharon19 said:
people at nokia care cant help me with this one.

sharon19 said:
the option they're giving me is just the replacement of its motherboard.

Which is it?

They're not helping you the way you want to be helped, sure, but that's not important. If this is the option they are giving you, then it's the option you have from them.
sharon19

Mar 7, 2009, 3:34 AM
why is it not important to be helped the way i wanted to? wouldn't it be right to replace a defective unit? it wasn't my fault anyway. i wouldn't buy it if i knew it was defective. they shouldn't release defective units in the first place. What would you do if it happens to you, OfAMightDivine? just settle with their option?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 7, 2009, 1:13 PM
Uh... if it's the only option I have, then yes, I would settle for it. The way you want something done is not important because you do not decide how something gets done. The company does. They are offering to replace it, again, just not the way YOU want them to do so. Buy a box of straws and suck it up.

Stop being a whiny cell phone customer and realize it's NOT about YOU.

They can't help releasing defective units. It happens to EVERYTHING that there are thousands made of. It's bound to happen. Yes, it's crappy you had to get more than once replaced, but again, that's bound to happen, and does happen all the time.

You don't have a special case, no matter how much you think you do.

Again, it's not about you. No one care...
(continues)
Twodub

Mar 7, 2009, 3:07 PM
I believe the warranty for Nokia is that they will repair or replace at the manufacturers discretion, and replacements are refurbished devices if you are given one. This is status quo for warranties in the phone world. They are not being ridiculous in any fashion. It probably won't make you feel any better, but at least they aren't being like some other phone manufacturers and stating that you are causing the problem, and then not repairing at all.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.