Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Blackberry Issues

DarkHawk

Feb 4, 2009, 6:49 PM
I have gotten some many calls about customers have their internet icons disappearing from the apps screen. I end up sending them to Blackberry Tech but I was hoping that someone might be able to tell me how I can reinstate the icon without have to send them to BKB Tech.
Also I have herd that there is a way to remove an icon line BKB text from the apps screen and place it back. How is that done also. If anyone can provide me with that information, I would be very greatful.
Guy Montag

Feb 4, 2009, 9:44 PM
The Icon disappears when the Blackberry isn't registered with the Blackberry Network. Usually a simple battery pull allows it to re-register. There was a rather large outage two days ago that may have caused the issue. It started in Texas from the sound of it, but I'm not sure what all areas ended up being effected.
IrishCarBomb

Feb 6, 2009, 10:56 AM
You can also go to 'options' then 'advanced options' then 'host routing tables' then hit the menu key and select register.

Or, you can send them service books if that and a battery pull still don't work.

As for BKB txt icon, huh? You can always highlight and icon, hit the menu key, and select hide, but you can't delete it, unless you go into the program list and delete it, but at that point, you aren't ever getting it back unless you reflash the OS.
DarkHawk

Feb 6, 2009, 3:00 PM
Ok, so you can hide it and then unhide it. Cool. Thanks. I really needed that info.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.