Phone Scoop

printed September 14, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=4&fi=1944440

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

Back to message list

Smartphone without data plan... is this possible?

by PhoneQuestion    Dec 3, 2008, 5:53 PM

I tried answering this on the Phone Finder, but couldn't figure it out.

I need a new cell phone and so far, no one’s been able to “sell me” on the right one. The sales rep at T-Mobile gave me this website.

Here’s my situation:

I have a Palm PDA I use to manage all of my work appointments and contacts. I synch it to Outlook via USB each morning to update it. I am not important enough to need it synched in real-time. I also have a Razr cell phone and I don’t want to have 2 devices.

I have a $29.99 plan through Sprint which expires on 12/17. I’m completely open to changing service providers. I don’t text, I never go over the 200 minutes in my plan, and I don’t need 24-7 connection to email. It would be nice though if I could find a phone with Wi-Fi so I could access the internet if I needed to.

Here’s the catch… the phones I’m finding that synch with Outlook are requiring an internet package. I don’t want to pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan, I just want to be able to synch a phone to my computer at work with either a USB or the Wi-Fi connection we have here.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance.

Keli

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.