Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Bluetooth on Nokia 6310i

merkurboy

Feb 2, 2004, 11:07 AM
Hello guys,

I wanted to find out from anyone if they had successfully used a Bluetooth adapter to communicate with a Nokia BT equipped phone. I have heard that the Nokia BT stack acts funny and I want to know before I buy a Nokia with BT if i'll be able to even use it with my adapters. Please let me know if anyone is currently utilizing Bluetooth from the Nokia to another device using an adapter.
Rich Brome

Feb 2, 2004, 7:28 PM
It depends on the profile and the device. What are you trying to do? Connect a PDA to the Internet? Sync contacts with your laptop?

Generally, Nokia phones don't support as many of the standard profiles as some other Bluetooth phones. You can connect them to a desktop or laptop fairly easily, but you need to use the Nokia software for everything. Everything happens through the serial profile instead of standard profiles like OBEX.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.