Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Push to talk verizon

clor

Jan 12, 2004, 7:15 PM
I heard through the rumor mill that in the 2004 1st quarter the new Verizon push to talk phone was going to be available. I also heard Motorola was going to provide Verizon with a new phone. Has any heard the same and what possible model it might be??
mmdstech2

Jan 12, 2004, 7:56 PM
I don't know where you have been, but they launched there push to talk or more like PUSH TO WAIT service last year around August or September. The phone is a v60p. There service is horrible.8-10 seconds of call set up. If you are looking for a good ptt service, Nextel is the only way to go.
clor

Jan 13, 2004, 9:15 AM
I realize that, my question is when is a new color push to WAIT phone coming out.
PupaScoopa

Jan 20, 2004, 4:42 PM
Hopefully Samsung will get it out in the first quarter.

Motorola is launching the v600 as soon as they can get a stable supply of camera parts for this phone. It's a very nice phone from my initial experience with it.
clor

Jan 20, 2004, 4:45 PM
So the v600 will have the Push to Talk function, I ask because it's not listed in the specs.
clor

Jan 20, 2004, 4:47 PM
Also the V600 is listed as a GSM phone
CDMA Guru

Jan 24, 2004, 6:45 PM
According to a Samsung VENDOR Rep. The release of thit 610 and 690 were delayed due to testing and he is expecting to see them in the consumer market In Feb or Mar if there are no other delays.. I did get a chance to play with the Camera phone 690 I believe and it is GREAT. I love the Swival screen.. I wish it did have external caller id window but as the rep pointed out you can just flip the screen and use it as caller ID.

Cheers.... 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.