Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

I GIVE UP...but one last chance--can anyone help?

prgirl

Jan 11, 2004, 1:03 PM
I have the NEC 525 and want to return it and my warranty ends tomorrow--Can anyone help--

I am looking for a phone that has:

-an mp3 card slot
-a camera
-ability to work in Europe and the US-- and fairly well

I know the mpx200 has the mp3 but not the camera.

Is anything ABOUT to come out or out yet, I don't think so...? Any suggestions?

I just returned the Treo because the keyboard was too small for me to type on so I am going to keep a Blackberry for email, but want a better phone.

THANK YOU!
Myth

Jan 11, 2004, 3:42 PM
prgirl said:
I am looking for a phone that has:

-an mp3 card slot
-a camera
-ability to work in Europe and the US-- and fairly well

A quick check of the Phone Finder here on Phone Scoop turned up the SE P800, which got good reviews and seems to fill your requirements. (Non-standard memory stick, though.)

I don't know many phones that use mp3 cards, but I sell to bargain-hunting New Englanders, not those high-tech, early-adopting urban types.
prgirl

Jan 11, 2004, 10:31 PM
Many thanks-- when you say non-standard, do you mean it won't take one of those little cards?
MW2

Jan 12, 2004, 5:18 PM
the se p800 uses sony's memory stick, instead of the normal sd/mmc/compact flash.
Rich Brome

Jan 20, 2004, 7:57 PM
Any smartphone with a camera will do what you want. Series 60 phones like the Nokia 3650 and 6600 will do that, and also the Siemens SX1. The SPV E200 is a Microsoft smartphone that fits the bill.

All are world phones, and all take memory cards and play MP3s. The Nokias only take MMC cards that go under the battery, but you can still fill them up with MP3s. I have a 128MB card in my 3650 right now, with some MP3s on it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.