Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

IF YOU GUYS ARE SO SMART!

SKYLER

Jan 9, 2004, 4:10 PM
THIS MESSAGE IS IN REGARDS TO THE T-MOBILE CLAIMS POSTED EARLIER. IF ALL THOSE GSM CARRIERS CAN PROVIDE EXTENDED COVERAGE THEN WHY DON'T THEY ADVERTISE THESE HUGE NETWORKS. TV ADS THAT SAY THIS. I HAVE TO HEAR IT FROM THESE CARRIERS REPS. WHY IS IT NOT IN WRITING? IM SURE THEY THROW THAT STUFF IN THE FINE PRINT ON COVERAGE MAPS FLYERS, SO WHY NOT TELL THE WORLD. HUGH PRINT! BY THE WAY MY REFERENCE TO SHARING TOWERS THAT WAS IN AN EARLIER MESSAGE WAS ME REPEATING THE SAME EXACT STATEMENTS PASSED FROM AT&T/ T-MOBILE/ & CINGULAR REPS. THEY ALL SAID "SHARE" IN RESPONES TO YOUR ATTACKS. HIRE BETTER REPRESENTATION!
MarkF

Jan 10, 2004, 12:41 AM
SKYLER said:
BY THE WAY MY REFERENCE TO SHARING TOWERS THAT WAS IN AN EARLIER MESSAGE WAS ME REPEATING THE SAME EXACT STATEMENTS PASSED FROM AT&T/ T-MOBILE/ & CINGULAR REPS. THEY ALL SAID "SHARE" IN RESPONES TO YOUR ATTACKS. HIRE BETTER REPRESENTATION!

The correct term would be "roaming" not sharing towers. Sharing a tower would be the placement of antennas on the same vertical structure which could be a tower, building, or even a mountain.

It's obvious the reps don't even know the proper terms utilized in the industry for the last 20 years.

BTW, I have been in the wireless industry before cellular actually existed so I'm getting my information from my experience in the field.

Mark
95mike

Jan 10, 2004, 4:25 PM
Knowing and using are two different things. I'm in sales and am used to dealing with customers. "Sharing" towers as in "I'll let your customers use my towers if you let my customers use yours" is the easiest way to describe the situation to them. Even when I mention the term roaming as in "free roaming" it always throws a flag up in the mind of customers. Talking about free roaming agreements and "you'll be roaming here, but not charged for it" would confuse them. I used "share" out of habit. I apologize and will start utilizing terms that techies would understand.
mmdstech2

Jan 10, 2004, 10:04 PM
I'm on the technical side of the business, and don't deal with customers that much. I have respect for the sales teams. Dealing with angry and clueless customers on a daily basis would be quite a challenge. Here's to sales!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.