Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 9 replies

enlighten me please

Wantitall

Jan 6, 2004, 2:48 PM
I'm looking for a an product that I'm not sure exists, so bear with me please. I want a device for my home that can pass through my cellular phone calls right into the wired phones in the house. What I envision is an AC powered desktop charger/hands free type unit with a RJ11 connection which connects into a wall jack that once I place my cellular phone into it, it can pass through calls to the standard phones I have wired in the house. Does such an animal exist for any model phone? If so please advise....I'm want to dump my wired home phone service, but do not want to loose the in-home convenience it affords.
mright123

Jan 6, 2004, 7:08 PM
No such device exists to my knowledge.
☹️ ☹️ ☹️ ☹️ ☹️

Mright123
hellomrmoto

Jan 7, 2004, 4:47 PM
i have seen such device but i can remember where, but it was to support a Nokia phone, i do remember that, ohh, i seen it at wal mart awhile back
Wantitall

Jan 8, 2004, 1:12 PM
Thanks much. At least it's a place to start.
gsspatoulas

Jan 12, 2004, 5:57 PM
I just saw it on SBC ... if you have Cingular you can get a charger like that connects to your phone and you can have it transfer the phone calls to your land line.

I hope this helps.

GSS 😎
Myth

Jan 14, 2004, 3:46 PM
gsspatoulas said:
I just saw it on SBC ... if you have Cingular you can get a charger like that connects to your phone and you can have it transfer the phone calls to your land line.

I hope this helps.

GSS 😎

Device is called FastForward. For $2.99/month you can also get unlimited call forwarding when using the device. SBC customers can get that $2.99 waived.
PupaScoopa

Jan 20, 2004, 4:39 PM
There's a product made called "Merge" by Cidco Communications. Check www.cidcocom.com/merge for info on this produce. I've never used it, nor seen it other than a ad in one of the many CES/CEA publications from Vegas.

It looks promising.
Rich Brome

Jan 20, 2004, 7:49 PM
Yes, I covered just such a device in my CES article currently featured on the front page of this site. It's called "Merge" from "Cidco". Here is the relevant article page:

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/ces_2004/index.p ... »

(scroll to the bottom)

It's pretty cool - does just what you want - even lets you have a different ring for your cell phone if you leave your land line hooked up. Right now, it's only available for Motorola phones, but versions for other phones are supposedly on the way.
Rich Brome

Jan 20, 2004, 7:51 PM
PS: The really cool part (IMHO) is that it even passes through Caller-ID info from your cell phone to your home caller-ID boxes!
MANIAC

Jan 23, 2004, 7:38 AM
I know I am a little late with this info but...
www.cellsocket.com .... I am not entirely sure if this is the beast the top message was referring to... but, we sell them in Vermont for our customer who are cutting the cord. The phone sits inside a an AC desk top stand... it charges the phone... it has an outside antenna port (but come with a TNC rubber duck antenna attached)... and it is a dial tone emulator with RJ11 interface. Most of our customer find the best spot in the house for reception and place the device there... then they get a quality cordless phone system and place it right next to it (this provides the least line loss... plugging them into house lines is disastrous... not enough bias)... In any event the end result is an effe...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.