Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Why I Won't Buy an iPhone...

Jorin

Jul 4, 2007, 3:57 PM
Ok I'm a die hard Sanyo fan, turned die hard Palm fan, HOWEVER... I'm tired of all these user reviews and opinions about the iPhone that are so completely biast.

I am willing to admit the iPhone HAS INDEED changed the way we think about phones, and I think it also has set a new bar for quality in a phone. So I'm not going to sit here and say 'I'm not buying it because its only EDGE or because it doesn't have a physical keyboard.' Fact is it has been designed so well that it needs neither.
Think about it... most users say that its not much slower than an EVDO phone when browsing the web. That's called PROCESSING POWER people. Its proving that there is a LOT of room for improvement in the Windows Mobile, Blackberry and yes EVEN THE PALM os...
(continues)
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 4, 2007, 4:36 PM
I won't get one because I cant have it on my dealer line and refuse to go back to the EDGE network. Also me store doesn't sell them which gives me a great reason to hate. 😁 But saying that its designed so well it doesn't need EDGE is ridiculous. Thats like saying you have such a well designed computer you dont need broadband, dial up will do. What I am looking forward to the most about the iphone is all the dumb old people who are getting it to use as a PDA then they find out its the worst PDA ever!!! Then they can come buy a BB or Windows Mobile phone from me or I guess a Treo. When they make a iphone with 3g and 3.5g capability and possible has a removable sim card and battery I will consider getting one.
ihateeverything

Jul 12, 2007, 4:28 PM
I totally agree and think your post is very concise and to the point. Apple has had six years to make their internal battery on the ipod external; they have not. The EDGE network is slower than even dialup and although the iPhone will have broadband speed at wifi hotspots like starbucks, your average day to day internet activities will take so long they will cut into your battery life which is NOT external. This means that when your battery dies before your two year contract with cingular, rated 19 out of 20 us service providers for cell phone coverage is up, you'll have to send it in to apple for repair. Besides that sure it looks and functions great, even though it doesnt take videos... ... I just think for 600 a cell phone manufacturer ca...
(continues)
Lederhosen19

Jul 12, 2007, 8:11 PM
Well as far as taking videos, Theres a huge software update coming soon.
attwork

Jul 4, 2007, 5:44 PM
BECAUSE ITS DISCONTINUED.....AND WHO CARES ANYWAY!
chocolateman85006

Jul 5, 2007, 8:05 AM
It's a crappy phone, anyway!
paddyoc

Jul 6, 2007, 6:27 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Cellfoneslinger

Jul 6, 2007, 6:52 PM
They carry the v557
paddyoc

Jul 6, 2007, 7:39 PM
I know, but that is discontinued as well....
ShackViperElite

Jul 6, 2007, 11:34 PM
But it's 70% profit, a solid phone and a great deal for people who want a free upgrade or a free phone.

That said, 80% of all stores are out of the V557 as it's disc / dvl for us now as well. RS's leader phone is the CU 400 at this point with the Blackjack warming up to be our next big push.
Judas

Jul 6, 2007, 11:55 PM
Wow, the Blackjack is a phone that is old news.....Cingular advertised the **** out of that phone months ago.....Heck Wally World probably has a better deal.... 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
Hombre07

Jul 15, 2007, 12:41 AM
$74.99 at my local wally. Beat that radio hack.
Inasad

Jul 6, 2007, 9:43 AM
wtf does this have to do with the iphone?
Guy Montag

Jul 6, 2007, 10:23 AM
Lol, When I read this subject line I was expecting it to be a two year onld thread.
raika2

Jul 11, 2007, 1:47 AM
I personally would not get an iphone simply for the fact that it's so hyped that I may just find that it DOES lack some necessary features that I prefer. Apple has done a fantastic job at innovating the way mobile phones are perceived, however, I agree that there are a lot of limitations as well. Towards the end of this year, there will be other phones such as Sony Ericsson w960 that will be probably the first to show some real competition against Iphone! Worth watching out for!!
bigtalkorange

Jul 15, 2007, 12:36 AM
I won't buy an iPhone because one of the iPhonics in the histeria to buy an iPhone stole my new LG cu500v and I'm out my new phone. I'd never buy an iPhone, and wouldn't stay with Cingular/AT&T because they refuse any assistance in finding it, and refuse to replace it, even though it happened on their premises. See my other post on it, but if anyone sees a LG cu500v with an AT&T logo on it with serial number 706KPBF121461 and
IMEI: 011145-00-121461-8 Please post and let me know, AT&T refuses to do anything. 😢

Orange
jrfdsf

Jul 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
...Because it would be busted into about a thousand pieces where I work.
lizzy

Dec 7, 2010, 10:39 PM
Agreed, but my favorite is the Blackberry—doesn't matter which one. So easy, less steps for everything.

http://mobile-store.dell.com/blackberry-smartphones- ... »

Good deals at Dell right now.
Fredd

Dec 10, 2010, 11:53 AM
Why are you resurrecting 3-year old items?
Too much time on your hands is trouble. Resurrecting ancient threads is called "necroposting" and is annoying to all.
Please stop it, Lizzy.
jackieJack

Dec 16, 2010, 7:49 PM
Fredd said:
Why are you resurrecting 3-year old items?
Too much time on your hands is trouble. Resurrecting ancient threads is called "necroposting" and is annoying to all.
Please stop it, Lizzy.

WORD!!
Ghostly Captain Ahash

Jan 29, 2011, 10:58 PM
Necroposting is the WORST!

😛
He who Lurks

Jan 31, 2011, 1:13 PM
What's impressive is she posted a day before she had a SN
Rosborough

Dec 16, 2010, 11:26 PM
I like iphone anyway,it's so cool!
This_Troper

Dec 16, 2010, 11:36 PM
I'm waiting.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.