Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Verizon 120e Motorola phone work on Alltel Network

Mighty Mouse

Jan 4, 2004, 10:14 AM
Bought a 120e that was on Verizon network. Took into Alltel. Put is on the computer and she said she could not program it. Phone is good though. Sugested to take it to verizon to see if they could do something to the programing to allow hers to address it.

Verizon kid said no can do. Different chips inside.

Hard to belive this is the case. Cant believe Motorola would manufacture different radios for the CDMA phones. I would think it would be in the CMOS or bios and all that is needed is to be erased or "flashed".

IS this smoking mirrors ?

Anyone know the real Truth?
mmdstech

Jan 5, 2004, 4:24 PM
I would try bringing the phone to a Verizon store, not a dealer. Ask the store manager to speak with a tsr. They should be able to provide you a code to unlock the phone. Then take it to Alltel and they will program with there band-map. I have not personally done this, but do think it is possible.
Mighty Mouse

Jan 5, 2004, 5:01 PM
So there is a lock code placed on Verizon phones? Wonder if they will charge me anything.
CDMA Guru

Jan 24, 2004, 3:34 PM
Simply put ... Verizon Wireless -> Alltel YES
Alltel -> Verizon Wireless NO

Reason ....

Service Provider Lock Code Is not known.

Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers ... 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.