Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 13 replies

what is the best verizon phone

nicks5522

Oct 26, 2003, 4:42 PM
i just dont know herain mixed revierws on all verizons phone i like samsung scha530 and the audivox 8600 but here bad thing about both what is the best phone offered .....great battery life good color and the best features

is the new t730 the best
mobile_guru

Oct 27, 2003, 4:39 PM
in my opinion the best verizon phone is still motorola v60i. even if antenna brakes all the time. still that phone gives you best reception and you can get any accesory for it. not a lot of features but basic and good phone.
amd also depends what you need. samsung is not tri and audiovox never made anything that lasted more than 2 month.
brodfukker

Oct 28, 2003, 11:45 AM
overall the LG VX4400 is the choice. it is tried and true! it doesn't have selling points like the phones you listed, but it is very reliable and very user friendly... the areas it falls short: the 8600 is tiny and it has a speakerphone, the A530 is tiny and dual color displays. But in the real world the cons overshadow the pros with those 2 phones - the A530 is gold for god's sake who wants that! & the 8600 is an audiovox - not a leader in the realm of quality... but i would choose the 8600 & try my luck - i'm sold on the size, screen quality, and speakerphone on a flip is just cool - period! (btw i sell verizon) 😁
mobile_guru

Oct 28, 2003, 12:38 PM
to be honest any LG has lousy battery life. it would be nice if verizon had at least one phone with lithpolymer. still i think that best phone with verizon is V60I even if it is discontinued. first the problem with a 530 is not the color but it is dual mode. the problem with 8600 is that you cant hear that speaker you want speaker find p270 Motorola. the best speaker phone, also battery life on 8600 is pretty bad. i think most important in a phone is battery reception and user friendliness. and most phones you mentioned lack that. and plus I don't like LG4400 cause we cant make much on it. 🙂. (anyway V60I is the best phone when it comes to making phone calls, you want to play games get a game boy)
brodfukker

Oct 28, 2003, 12:55 PM
just to throw in my two cents ... I've never seen a serious problem with battery life on LG phones & I've just never been a fan of MOTO - they have good stuff but dinosaurs quit roaming the earth long ago...
mobile_guru

Oct 28, 2003, 1:05 PM
i think the fact that you have to get new battery every two month is pretty serious. and i don't know why would you compare "MOTO" to dinosaurs? BTW i sell verizon also and the number of LGs that has to go out for repair is 4 times the number of motorolas.(LG costs me more money and frustrates my Customers) I do respect that you are a big LG fan but in all seriousness the best product is not always the one which has more features.
mobile_guru

Oct 28, 2003, 1:13 PM
2004 will be big for MOTO. i just find that dinosaur comparison unfair cause maybe for past two years MOTO wasnt doing great but you have to remember startac. http://www.motorola.com/mediacenter/news/deta il/0,,3428_2839_23,00.html
brodfukker

Oct 28, 2003, 1:23 PM
that's just my point! how can i forget the startac because the damn thing was all MOTO had for f**kin forever! and now the v60 seems like it will never go away! i carried a STARTAC and at the time it was the sh** but MOTO hasn't seemed to keep pace with the pace of wireless - you have to admit... I hope they start kickin it in and not rest on the laurels like they did in the past... dude I've been selling MOTO products since I was selling the Bravo Classic numeric pager back in the mid 90's! I've been working with MOTO stuff for a while...

btw dude thanks 4 the link!
mobile_guru

Oct 28, 2003, 1:40 PM
haha t720 you got me there. that phone was disaster. well the bigest problem with that phone was that you couldnt hear anything and battery you have to use car battery. i was not implying that you are sell out. i do respect mid 90s shi**. back to 720. 730 is better but still why couldnt they put an alarm clock on that phone? WHY? also what do you think about t608? you think we will be able to activate it on verizon. also what is your ptt lag?
brodfukker

Oct 28, 2003, 3:05 PM
no alarm = no phone i'll buy - period!

anything sony/ericsson is of no interest to me...sony had a qood design/quality back in the day with qualcomm but ericsson has never made anything i can think of that i could tolerate. it would fill a niche @ vzw though you know?

our PTT lag is not a problem...I'm in the midwest and I've seen it used without a problem and without any noticeable lag.
mk

Oct 28, 2003, 10:16 PM
Hate to burst your bubble mobile_guru, but this is a "what have you done for me lately" world we live in. Current Motorola phones stink - period. Saying they used to be great so you should continue to buy them is a ridiculous statement. That's like saying the Mustang was great when it came out so you should continue to buy them. I can't tell you how many people on the old Verizon forum threw their 720's away and went with the 4400. That is by far one of the best phones Verizon has come out with in a long time. Motorola has a huge credibility problem with Verizon customers - sure the V60 was great, but so what? What have they come up with lately that actually works well?
brodfukker

Oct 28, 2003, 1:16 PM
dude I'm not a sellout to any brand period! I just don't hold MOTO on a pedestal like most people but I do like MOTO, but you have to admit they always seem to be a step behind everybody in design, features, etc. but I agree that quality far outweighs "stuff" - I just like to try to find a balance of both. anyway i haven't seen the issues you have with LG & I've carried the VX6000 myself for a while now & have had ZERO problems. btw what kind of luck have you had in your area with T720? we seem to have seen more issues with those than with other MOTO...just curious. later & keep rockin the VZW!
qagirl

Oct 28, 2003, 10:51 PM
We here nothing but complaints on both handsets. I wouldn't recommend either of them. I've carried just about every cell phone VZW has come out with, starting from back in the day with old PrimeCo and the qualcomm 1900. And EVERY LG I have ever carried was awesome. The 510 rocked, and the 4400 is even better. I did have to switch out the battery on the 510 once, but the 4400 is working great and I've had it for over a year.
wireless1

Nov 6, 2003, 3:37 PM
i agree w/ u 1000% . the 510 kicked butt and the 4400 is even better. i did upgrade my 4400 to the ext. battery. w/ the color screen sucking the juice from my phone i had no choice but to buy the ext. batt. but other that that i love my phn.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.