Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Highest Video Resolution On a Cell Phone?

NolaSlim

Jan 23, 2007, 2:21 PM
I direct television commercials. I'm planning to shoot a comedy spot using a video cell phone as the principal camera. Which cell phone has the highest video resolution and/or fastest lens?

Thanks,
Mark
SiestaRandy

Jan 29, 2007, 6:16 PM
The Samsung SCH-A990 from Verizon is 3.2 megapixel. Unfortunately, its only available through Verizon Wireless, the hands down winner of the "nickle and dime ya to death" competition.
moguls

Jan 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
☹️ I can see my media player trying to play music....the timer is couting. But I can't hear a thing thru the stereo headset or the speakers. Any suggestions?
moguls

Jan 30, 2007, 10:44 AM
How do I cancel memory in my phone?
txsolitaire

Feb 1, 2007, 12:27 AM
uh.. what
apw100

Feb 19, 2007, 4:44 PM
VGA resolution- 640x480 in a 4:3 aspect ratio. As far as quality/bitrate, I'm not sure. Most use MPEG4 for compression though.
As far as a "fast lens", are you talking about the aperature of the lens? That is going to be very hard to evaluate. The best quality in cell phones come from Sony Ericsson and Nokia. They are glass, unlike Samsungs which are plastic. This make a big difference in the final sharpness and quality of the photo/video.
Rich Brome

Feb 23, 2007, 9:25 AM
For video, QVGA or CIF is as high as most camera phones can shoot, although a handful of the very top-end camera phones can do VGA video. The Nokia N93 and N93i are in that group.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.