Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Adapter to Use House Extentions with Cellphone

cyberrick

Aug 16, 2004, 10:31 PM
🙄

Hey, anyone out there know of a device that will allow me to use my cellphone with my current house extension phones?

I found a plan from Sprint, (I'm in a test market for it), that has UNLIMITED local anytime minutes. I want to cancel my landline and just use my cellphone but I don't want to loose the convience of using my extentions upstairs and down.

How can I do that?, I'm thinking of buying either the Sanyo RL-4920 or the Samsumg 8200.
disturbed1

Aug 16, 2004, 11:05 PM
can't think of anything like that with Sprint...Cingular has FastForward, but your landline still needs to be active. Ya might be outta luck on this one bud
MANIAC

Aug 17, 2004, 6:57 AM
Cell Socket... www.cellsocket.com... That'l do ya'. Its a device that the phone sits in, cradle/charger, and this device provides dial tone... Plug your rj11 home phone into it and it allows you to use a conventional land line phone dialing through your cell phone. Perfect for our customers who are cutting the cord. oh yeah, it also has an outside antenna port in case you want to boost your signal.
disturbed1

Aug 17, 2004, 11:59 PM
hey, that sounds nifty....now if only I can get a dependable cell signal in my home. I'm thinkin ALLTEL's usin CDMA 1900 in my area and it won't go thru my house's OLD plaster walls. Problem is, I like my OLD plaster walls, they're damn good sound insulators for when those damn kids go blastin their rap music down the street in the middle of the night. YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPERS!!!! :shakes fist:
🤣
wonderdave

Aug 26, 2004, 2:45 PM
that cell socket is the bomb diggity! I'm real impressed.
Rich Brome

Aug 18, 2004, 12:07 AM
I don't know if it works with the phones you're looking at, but Cidco's Merge product does what you want:

http://www.cidcocom.com/merge/index.html »

I had a very brief report on it here:

https://www.phonescoop.com/articles/ces_2004/index.p ... »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.