Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Urgent question

bruinsrule23

Nov 9, 2006, 2:34 PM
I have a customer who has an "at risk" teen and needs to get a phone or some other GPS-type device that she can give to her daughter without her knowing she has it. She needs to be able to identify where she is if she leaves home and possibly gets herself into trouble. While Sprint has a program called Kid Finder or something like that, she is worried about her daugheter turning off the phone or being out of range and not being able to find her. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a device and/or service that will accomplish this? Thanks so much....
raycarroll70

Nov 9, 2006, 3:34 PM
From my understanding of any LBS/A-GPS to function, the wireless device has to be powered on for it to lock onto the orbiting satellites. Of all the types of services out there for this purpose, I believe Sprint has a superior one to the others out there. If her daughter is an at risk sort, she make wish to also consider professional individual and/or family counseling/therapy sessions to uncover her daughter's root for the at risk behaviors.
Duke6513

Nov 10, 2006, 12:26 AM
I have done research in this as I have a 17 year old daughter whom I suspect doesn't always go where she says she's going. I personally think that the Boost phone option is the best at least in the short term. You are talking about $50 for the GPS enabled phone with build in $10 credit. It is a pay as you go deal. The Motorola i415 is about $50 at multiple sites. Cheaper yet on e-bay, etc. Then you can use for FREE either of these GPS tracking websites. https://boost.loopt.com or http://mologogo.com. They both support the i415. They also support other phones but the i415 is the cheapest I've seen. If they get another phone be sure to check they are supported by these sites FIRST! For the money it's the best bet in the short run. Also inexpe...
(continues)
prodrigu03

Nov 18, 2006, 7:19 AM
bruinsrule,
Try disneymobile.com. This phone has what you need you can pin point your teen to about 3 feet. The only bad thing... It's disney, your teen might know that something is up. But check the site you never know. Good luck.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.