Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

phone reception

sammy2

Aug 4, 2004, 12:49 PM
I had been under the impressin that phone reception had to do with the antenna of a particluar phone, but most of all the network itself.

If I lined up three phones with stub antennas, all using the same carrier I would expect the same reception.

some of the postings suggest otherwise 😲 .

Can anyone provide some insight into this issue?
abbazabba

Aug 6, 2004, 4:04 AM
No two phones of the same model necessarily give the same level of reception. Typically, phones with external antennas give better reception than those with internal antennas. It's been my experience that some phones with internal antennas will outperform in some cases. GSM Nokias all have internal antennas, yet typically yield better reception than motorola flips with external antennas. Flips typically don't get the reception of bar factor phones, but tend to be more popular. The phone that gets the best reception of any I've seen is a Nokia 5165. Oddly, the phone that gets the worst reception I've seen is also a nokia, a 1260/2260. Reception will also have to do with the network, but at a given time, in a given place, the signal sho...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.