Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Motorola V3 Razr, hindge coming loose

GaaRaS RiVaL

Apr 21, 2006, 3:33 PM
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this topic, but i figured whatever. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about motorola not covering the problem with razr hindges coming loose, for no reason other then use. I would like to know something about that, I am pretty sure there are some people out there who have a razr or had, that has had to be rplcd or has a problem like this.
aemsafd

Apr 21, 2006, 3:36 PM
I believe a customer buying a Motorola phone (or any phone that is "cool") automatically voids the warranty under the "normal usage" policy.
s0lrac

Apr 21, 2006, 3:41 PM
You're an Idi0t!!! 😁
crxtreme89

Apr 21, 2006, 4:23 PM
This isn't a problem. Since the RAZR first Debuted on Cingular, I have not had a single customer with this issue that you consider a RAZR problem. Don't get me wrong, I am sure that there are other people out there with similar issues. However, this is not a recall issue. I'm not saying that your problem isn't a manufacturer defect.

Have you ever dropped your phone?

Is there any physical damage on the phone?

Have you sent it in for repair by Motorola under the 1 year warranty?
GaaRaS RiVaL

Apr 21, 2006, 4:29 PM
well i don't have one, i rplc the phones, but i have had over a hundred calls with customers who have had their phones from 2 weeks to a yr with their hindge falling off and i hate having to tell them that it is oow by phys dmg. I do believe that there should be something stated by motorola. Then again motorola is now saying that any buzzing on the razr is not a problem with the phone it is the display causing the issue. So i don't know.
crxtreme89

Apr 21, 2006, 9:32 PM
GaaRaS RiVaL said:
i have had over a hundred calls with customers who have had their phones from 2 weeks to a yr with their hindge falling off and i hate having to tell them that it is oow by phys dmg.

GaaRaS RiVaL said:
I am **pretty sure** there are some people out there who have a razr or had, that has had to be rplcd or has a problem like this.
celesticatfl

Apr 22, 2006, 2:21 PM
As with any flip style phone. some folks put undue pressure on the hinges in various ways. Either by shouldering the phone in an attempt to get around using an earpiece or speaker mode, twisting the cover, or pressing it to the side as it is closed in a pocket, etc. These kinds of things will cause the parts in the hinge to change shape and become loose. So that it no longer just flips open as it is designed to. And when the casing cracks and breaks that is also not covered in the warranty.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.