Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Business Card Scanner

willyum20

Apr 4, 2006, 11:18 AM
Okay. I generally know quite a bit about cell phones and I like to keep myself well informed on all the latest and greatest technology. But I have to ask what exactly is the purpose of having a business card scanner on your cell phone. What does it do, and why have one in the first place?
MIKE3222

Apr 4, 2006, 3:45 PM
if you are in a business where you meet a lot of people who have business cards, it can be a time saver. take a pic of the business card, and the phone will use it's alpha-numeric recognition to figure out what everything says. pick what the name, cell phone, home phone, address, fax etc... is and hit ok. saves it to your contacts. it's pretty quick when you get the hang of it.
Yeauhann

Jul 21, 2007, 8:53 PM
I am looking for this on a PDA. Anyone know which can do it? Are there software downloads available and where?

Thanks!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.