Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Using a Razr V3 as a modem

Photogal1966

Mar 18, 2006, 9:33 AM
I heard somewhere that I could use my Razr as a modem on my PC. If this is true, other than a Bluetooth dongle, what would I need? Thanks!
evilbstrd666

Mar 18, 2006, 1:21 PM
Could use a USB cable... a USB-A to USB mini 5-pin.

Other than that, I would check with your carrier to see how much it costs to use it as a modem. Some carriers offer a flat rate, others charge per Kilobyte.
phonedr714

Mar 22, 2006, 8:43 PM
If you have Cingular, I would have to recomend you get a Data Connect Plan, NOT the Unlimited MEdia Net, as it will not work to connect your computer to the net. Cingular charges a flat rate of 59.99 *Until the end of March* after that it'll be 79.99 monthly for UNLIMITED use. However, I hate to burst your bubble, the Razr has the regular GPRS connection... in other words, it's not worth it to use it as your modem. If you're going to be using your phone to log on the net, get a phone that has the capability to connect to whichever faster connection your wireless carrier offers. As I said, quite honestly, it's not worth it to use the razor as a modem.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.