Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 13 replies

bluetooth problems-your thoughts

dulcrayon

Mar 13, 2006, 12:13 AM
Hi All 🤭,

This is all new to me, and I sorta got a wheelbarrow mentality. So, let me tell you guys that are much smarter than me what I've done, what I've found, and my conclusions; and see if it makes sense OR if I'm all wet.

I do RV repair, and crawl into some really tight places(and keep pulling my headset wire loose) so I decided to go wireless. I bought a Samsung A900(it gets much better reception than anything I've ever had-when my other phones would drop this had 2 bars). I paired it to a Plantronics 510. I got 15' range but when I took it out of range(to establish range) it would not reconnect. removed it from the phone and it still would not repair. Same problem with the Sony-Erikson HBH608. The Motorola HS850 worked...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Mar 13, 2006, 1:02 PM
as far as the bluetooth goes, analog wouldn't affect that. the bluetooth connection is between the phone and headset, so the type of signal coming in does not affect your phones ability to send that audio to your headset. not sure what the problem could be though. sorry bro.
Whitehorse

Mar 13, 2006, 4:42 PM
Have you had the opportunity to test your theory by going to a digital area & seeing if it works?
crxtreme89

Mar 17, 2006, 6:23 PM
As said before me, Analog and digital have nothing to do with bluetooth.

I suggest a Jabra bluetooth.

Go here --> http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMenu/ Products/WirelessHeadsets/JabraBT500/JabraBT5 00
LGCIN2D

Apr 28, 2006, 9:05 AM
This is true, the network signal is on a different wavelength then Bluetooth to the headset. But if the the phone is picking up an analog signal this will be pulling heavily on the battery possibly enough to disrupt the Bluetooth transmission
evilbstrd666

Mar 18, 2006, 1:31 PM
I have noticed some quirky behavior with Samsung phones and Bluetooth. I would try this:

1) Go into your bluetooth menu and delete the headset from the list.

2) Re-pair the two.

I've found that this fixes 75% of problems with Samsung phones and Bluetooth headsets. I'd consider looking for a corporate store and seeing if they have a firmware upgrade.

Good luck!
queensyankee

Mar 18, 2006, 11:24 PM
The problem stems more from your phone than any of the headsets. The a900 software is having some serious issues. My main question would be:
1. How long ago did you buy this phone? And does it have a metal battery cover or a plastic?

2. Have any of the techs told you to upgrade the software through your phone settings (or maybe tools) menu in the phone?

If it is possible, I would recommend going back to the store you purchased it from an try to exchange it for an a920 because of the faulty bluetooth. There should be no reason you cant use all of the features of the phone you purchased.....(unless you buy a verizon phone 🙄 )
evilbstrd666

Mar 21, 2006, 8:51 PM
A920 has the same problem - at least that I have seen....

To be honest, it seems to be more of a software issue than hardware. If you really like the phone, I'd wait for the update.
WILLPHASE

Mar 31, 2006, 12:43 PM
I HAVE WORKED WITH BLUETOOTH HEADSETS AND SPRINT HANDSETS FOR A WHILE AND FROM EXPERIENCE I BELIEVE THE PROBLEM IS YOUR CHOICE OF HEADSETS........YOU CANT SUBSTITUTE QUALITY FOR PRICE WHEN IT COMES TO TECHNOLOGY THIS COMPLEX....FOR STARTERS GET AN EARPEICE WITH A STANDARD RANGE OF 30 FEET LIKE THE MOTOROLA HS850 (VERY RELIABLE) OR THE JABRA BT350 THESE ARE REALY GOOD HEADSETS. YOU MIGHT EVEN LOOK INTO THE ANYCOMM HEADSETS THESE ARE NEW TO THE MARKET BUT ARE VERY CLEAR, COMFORTABLE AND COME IN COOL CLORS (BLACK, WHITE, PINK)
evilbstrd666

Apr 11, 2006, 4:34 PM
1) Please turn caps lock off.

2) I have had my HS820 for a year and about two months, and have gotten range of up to 70 feet under ideal conditions.

3) Sprint now has been admitting that these Samsung phones have not been working perfectly with every headset on the market - primarily having problems with earlier Moto headsets, as well as a few Jabbra and Plantronics ones.

4) The HS820 at $60-$70 isn't really that cheap.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 6, 2006, 4:23 PM
It sounds to me like your phone's pairing is the issue. Were it me, I'd a) try and get a solid headset. (I use the plantronics explorer 320, and found it better than alot of more expensive units.)

The blue ant micro is also a really nice unit.

But, any of these units wil probably show you the same problem because your PHONE is corrupting your pairing profile when you get out of range and drop it.

Try something like a Nokia with bluetooth, or an LG. See if that doesnt clear up your problems
kapwww

May 4, 2006, 2:32 PM
As with any wireless technology, you have to consider your surroundings. If you have a thick block wall and lots of metal between your phone and your headset, your range will decrease. I'm not discounting the fact that the phone could be a problem. I don't know this particular model. I'm just suggesting something else to watch for.
viojay

May 7, 2006, 7:01 PM
The a900 has a whole list of problems with it. There is a software upgrade that is available which MIGHT...might help the problem. No promises tho. Also. If you are on sprint you are on a digital band. To the best of my knowledge they only use the 1900 band (although I have seen a few things that seem to suggest they use 850 as well) Chances are great it is not the headset at all. I have used a number of headsets. and even my cheap (and by cheap I mean I picked it up for 28 dollars) Jabra gets me 10-20 feet range. it shouldn't be a problem at all. I blame samsungs glitchy ass phone.
magellan

May 8, 2006, 11:33 AM
If it's any consolation, my Razr had BT problems too. The last firmware update fixed it, but it took how long???

It seems the fancier and more compact these phones get, the more problems they have.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.