Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Can you recommend a good VZW phone with Bluetooth?

sunshyn

Feb 15, 2006, 2:55 PM
I'm looking for a new VZW phone with Bluetooth capabilities. I recently got the new Nokia 6256i and I didn't have a very good experience with it. I don't know if I just got a defective phone cuz other people seem to rave about it, but I don't know if I want to try another. The reception wasn't as good as my old Nokia w/o Bluetooth and within 3 weeks, the lighting on my keypad had completely disappeared.

Now looking for a new phone. Thinking about the Samsung SCH-A970 or LG VX-9800. Anybody have any thoughts/comments/good or bad experiences with these phones that they would like to share?? Any other VZW Bluetooth phones that you would recommend?

Thanks so much!
DahJewel

Feb 18, 2006, 7:13 PM
I've been researching online & on Ebay, so I don't have experience yet, but check out the Moto E815, best rating in almost all categories of any phone I've seen, & every day EBay's average price goes up, around $175 to $180
Don.Mike

Feb 21, 2006, 11:24 AM
moto e815. i sell them all and the moto seems to have the best user experience. the nokia tends to get really good feedback too though, so you may have gotten a bad phone.
celesticatfl

Mar 21, 2006, 3:41 PM
The feedback on the Nokia 6255/6256 has been great. Full BT features with this phone. Is it that the sound quality is bad or you just aren't getting signal? 🙂 Have you had CDMA before? With CDMA you don't need to worry about 'bars' to make a call. 🙂 If it's the sound quality, have you tried another headset? like the MOTO850, H500 or higher? I know with my expierence there is static in the earpiece of BT headsets that have a replaceable battery, but the ones that come with a rechargable tend to give better service. 🙂 that's just my opinion.
crxtreme89

Mar 17, 2006, 7:22 PM
As far as the nokia experience goes, don't you know that the keypad light only works for 3 weeks and only has a 3 week warranty? They should have told you that when you bought it. Just kidding! But seriously though, come on! Of course the phone was defective. Did you know that I see a lot of defects in phones within the 1st month of having sold them. As a matter of fact, 1 out of every 10 phones I sell is probably defective in some way. It's not a Nokia thing or a Nokia 6256i thing for that matter.

Ok, to what I would recommend. I love my LG 9800! If I could get any other phone and trade my phone for it, I wouldn't. I sell this stuff every day and take it from me, you will not go wrong with an LG 9800.

Unless it is defect...
(continues)
evilbstrd666

Mar 18, 2006, 1:24 PM
Samsung's Bluetooth has been kind of quirky; not a big deal once you get used to it.

LG has been making some good phones for VZW; not a bad choice.

Personally, I prefer my Motorola E815; awesome camera, bluetooth is great - I get about 70ft range at my house (normal is 30ft). VCast is nice too.
treywilly

Mar 29, 2006, 7:39 PM
I CONSIDER MYSELF A DIE HARD SAMSUNG PERSON, I BELIEVE THEY MAKE THE BEST PHONES, I RECENTLY SWITHED OVER TO LG. I HAD THE VX8000 THAT WAS A GREAT PHONE, I THEN PICKED UP THE VX9800, NOW THAT IS A GREAT PHONE, THE BLUETOOTH IS GREAT, I WOULD NEVER BUY ANOTHER PHONE WITHOUT IT. I STILL LIKE SAMSUNG PHONES, I ALSO LIKE LG, WOULDN'T BUY THE OTHER BRANDS. MOTO IS GARBAGE IN MY OPINION. SAMSUNG AND LG ARE THE BEST BUILT PHONES, BATTERY LIFE IS A MAJOR FACTOR.
guido1869

Apr 3, 2006, 1:59 PM
the lg 9800 is a good phone but too bulky and expensive, the 8100 is better it has the vcast music and great features, i have one and love it, better price too
CrazyCraig01

Apr 4, 2006, 12:06 AM
None! They are all crippled. I would opt out of VZW until they decide to not be all about the crippled BT.
Cunning_Linguist

Apr 6, 2006, 4:12 PM
LG is a good brand of phone and the VX 9800 is no exception, but, let me tell ya, I have a nokia 6255 and I am in love with it. the clarity is phenomenal noone even knows when Im on my bluetooth, and I have had no issues with it whatsoever as far as lighting or other features. My main complaint is it doesnt support alot of the better 1XRTT tech.

And if thats all i can find to complain about, then I am a happy man.
sundropranger

Apr 29, 2006, 10:40 AM
the e815 paired with thr new logitech headset, that is the best headset out there because it takes out the echo and filters out all of the backgraound noise. the e815 buetooth voice recognition is better than any of the lg's that verizon carries. the e815 will recognize your voice on the first time and it will reduce your frustion rate...i learned this the hard way
my best friend Jack

May 3, 2006, 5:24 PM
personally... i think the samsung A950 is a very well built phone. The blue ant blue-tooth headset is very good. I can drive 80 mph down the freeway with the window cracked and people don't notice a difference. The 815 is a good phone also because it's range is alot farther than most other phones.
ESmurf

May 4, 2006, 11:39 AM
You only go 80MPH? I think after the meeting in February I passed you go way faster than 80.
I guess it's still surprising people can hear you though since your car is so FREAKING LOUD. 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.