Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Is there such a thing as...

queenbee

Jun 11, 2004, 4:49 PM
a GSM phone that accepts 2 SIM cards at one time? I am currently carrying 2 phones (moto v600 and nokia 6820) and would like to downsize if possible but I need the capability of 2 different phone numbers(work and personal) I am extremely fond of the Jabra bluetooth headset also, must be able to use with new device!!! Thanks for your feedback!
😕
im_greg_p

Jun 12, 2004, 12:39 PM
I dont know, I know many phones can have 2 Nams (phone numbers)

My old Verizon phone had NAM 1 and NAM 2 so if i wanted a 410 number for people in school, I could get one
queenbee

Jun 14, 2004, 8:32 AM
How about a SIM card that can hold 2 numbers?
thatguy_overthere

Jun 16, 2004, 2:29 PM
A guy I work with told me about a guy who had a little attachment on the back of his phone that let him have 6 different sim cards on his phone, at the same time. I have no idea what this thing is called, but I get you could find it on line. Try searching for multiple sim cards, or something like that. It's bound to turn up.
queenbee

Jun 21, 2004, 10:22 AM
Did the attachment allow for incoming calls on all lines or could you only use one at a time? I have been searching the web but cannot find such a thing. 😢
Rich Brome

Jun 24, 2004, 5:31 PM
You don't need 2 SIMs. Most GSM phones support something called ALS (alternate line service), which allows you to have 2 lines, with 1 GSM phone and 1 SIM.

The question is whether your carrier supports it. Call customer service and ask!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.