Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

"Unavailable Calls"

Gayle Wallace

Oct 22, 2003, 2:31 PM
In the last two weeks I have received numerous calls from "unavailable". The calls will remain open with silence until I hang up. Verizon's official position is that there is nothing they can do to identify the caller. I really don't care who is doing this, but feel there must be a dept. that can contact the caller and ask them to stop. Anyone know how to cut through red tape on this one? I have recent data on exactly when the calls occurred.
Finine

Oct 23, 2003, 6:17 PM
Verizon is correct. There is no originating telephone number that is associated with a call that appears as "Unknown" or "Unavailable". Those that appear as "Blocked" or "Private" do have a telephone number associated, they are just suppressed from the end user's Caller ID display (they can be obtained in cases of harrassment or police emergency, though).

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.