Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Phone Recommendations

Exoman

Nov 13, 2005, 12:55 AM
I am a Cingular customer using a 2 year old LG. I am tired of using my Palm Tungsten E for phone contacts that I have failed to input to my phone. Here are my requirements in order of priority:

#1 Want bullet-proof phone (signal strength and call quality!)

#2 Want to be able to import my Palm Tungsten E contact data. (use Apple Powerbook)

#3 Quad Band nice as I travel to Europe and Asia.

#4 Camera

Bluetooth - don't care about.
MP3's - don't care about

#1 and #2 are by FAR the most important points to me. I don't have a problem changing carriers. I'm scheduled to receive a free Treo 650 through United Airlines and while this may be able to hit on #2 and #4, not sure about #3 and from what I'm hearing, it is a LOUSY pho...
(continues)
lorna

Nov 13, 2005, 10:47 AM
Your post brings questions to mind:

1 If you are using the phone to travel to Europe and Asia, would you then not need GSM mode? That would mean Cingular or T-Mobile.

2 Do CDMA phones (Verizon) have something that can make them usable for Europe and Asia????

3 The carrier that you choose DOES make a huge difference in the quality of your cell phone experience. If you intend to make calls from inside your home, then you need a carrier/phone combination that will allow this. I know several people who bought phones that do not work inside their house! They should never have gone with whatever carrier they have.

-Lorna
Exoman

Nov 13, 2005, 12:14 PM
Hi Lorna:

I'll probably stay with Cingular since service has not been an issue for me. I am mainly looking for a phone that I can transfer my SIM card to that will better fulfill my needs. I rented a phone last week to take to China and paid $8/day + $2.29/minute with Cingular. (used my SIM) I know there are better rates ($1.50/min.) but I don't use that many minutes overseas. Mainly for emergency contact use.

Principal needs are great phone with Palm sync.

Mark

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.