Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

Does anyone know what is up with Cingular and At&t phones?

Robert S.

Nov 1, 2005, 12:47 AM
I am a used cell phone retailer and i usually just deal in T-mobile phones that are unlocked. I have a T-mobile and a Cingular sim card. I recently bought a few T720 and T722 to try to sell, they were At&t phones. I was told those and the other phones i bought were unlocked. Now all the phones that were T-mobile worked fine for both sim cards and so did the Cingular ones. But when i got to testing the At&t T720's and T722's they would not take my T-mobile card or Cingular card it kept saying there was a code that i needed. Since they were suppose to be unlocked there shouldn't be any codes still in there should there be? Or is it just that these old AT&T phones don't take Cingular and T-mobile cards? If so is there any tip any one has as to...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Nov 2, 2005, 7:14 PM
The phones were either not unlocked, or someone put a SIM lock on each phone so that they'll only work with the SIM that was in it when it was locked.
Robert S.

Nov 2, 2005, 8:13 PM
You dont think its just that the T720 and T722 (those are the models that im having problems with) are to old and maybe dont recognize cingular sim cards? Ive never heard of a sim lock. i know there are phone locks thought. Thanks for your help.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.