Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

FCC Question... Rich? Anyone?

MANIAC

May 11, 2004, 6:18 AM
Where can I find site on-air site listings for any given area for any/all carriers? The FCC must have it available to us... yes?
canadianguy

May 13, 2004, 12:36 PM
đŸ˜ŗ 😕 😎 🙂 ☚ī¸ 😁 🤭 đŸ˜ĸ đŸ˜ŗ 😲 😕 😎 đŸ¤Ŗ 😡 😛 đŸ‘ŋ 😈 🙄 🙄 😉
Rich Brome

May 16, 2004, 11:01 PM
I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "site on-air site listings"? 😕
MANIAC

May 17, 2004, 5:46 AM
I am trying to put together a list of active sites for each of the carriers in my area. So I do not need a list of the sites that are not on the air yet... like alot of rural areas Vermont has each company licensing sites that will never go on... So I do not need that list, just the ones that are currently up and running.

I sent a query to the FCC site people and they responded with a "we will respond" message... That was a week ago.

Any ideas?
Rich Brome

May 17, 2004, 12:24 PM
In general, there is no such list, at least not a complete one. The carriers keep their coverage information (including tower locations) as secret as possible for competitive reasons.

There is a lot you can find out through various public and commercial records, including the FCC, FAA, and towermaps.com, but AFAIK, all sources of this type of information are very incomplete. The FAA data only includes towers of a certain height; the FCC data does not include rooftop locations; and towermaps.com does not include towers privately owned by the carriers themselves.

Here is more about why each source is incomplete (with an obvious bias toward that source):

http://www.towermaps.com/fcc.htm »
MarkF

May 17, 2004, 11:41 AM
If I read this correctly, your looking for individual site location/information for the cellular carriers? If this is what your looking for, there is no public information as the cellular/pcs carriers are not required to licence each site individually with the FCC (except for NEXTEL). The only ones that they must license are the ones on the end of their market boundary. All the sites internal to their market boundaries do not have to be reported/licensed.

Now if your looking for tower site information, the FAA/FCC only requires towers 200' and above (or those close to airpots) to be registered. Those that are 199' or less and not near airports are not required to be registered with the FAA/FCC and even with that the reporting process ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.