Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Which phones sync with Outlook Well?

greghallentown

Oct 10, 2005, 10:25 PM
I need a phone that will sync with outlook for contacts calendar and possibly tasks. I would prefer it to be bluetooth and not a PDA. Do not want a big calculator as a phone. I see a lot of stuff out there but was surprised that Verizon had little to offer. I currently have an LG VX6100 and need something better. Any suggestions?
southwestcomm

Oct 10, 2005, 10:49 PM
You'll need to find a Microsoft OS device. There are a few flip phones out there. Best thing to do is check your carrier of choice Website.
greghallentown

Oct 11, 2005, 12:44 PM
Unfortunately the only thong my Verizon rep is capable of is asking "paper or plastic?
shred5150

Oct 20, 2005, 4:25 PM
Sorry, but the only one I know of is the 7100 blackberry series...
DfA

May 2, 2006, 4:13 PM
Forget about blackberry.

Any S60 smartphone equipped with Pylon does is a lot easier
kanefish

Nov 13, 2005, 8:16 PM
Isn't it amazing with all the PDA phones and all the phones that can take pictures, check email, etc., etc... that are suppose to make our lives so much better you can't even do somethig as simple as sync up your outlook contacts with your phone!!!!!!!!!!!!??
blackberry187

Nov 17, 2005, 5:54 PM
I personally think blackberrys sync the best with outlook. If you have a Blackberry enterprise server you dont even need to snyc. Other wise you just plug in quick either through usb or bluetooth and it sync's everything. If you dont like the blackberry's size nokia just came out with a new version of the 6820 -- nokia 6822 that is running a blackberry OS. Check it out. All on GSM networks../.
can-cell

Nov 28, 2005, 3:19 PM
try the lg 9800 😉

the service is $19.99/mo

it syncs your calender, contacts, and email..

I love this device...........!!
Homestar Runner

Nov 28, 2005, 5:45 PM
actually, contrary to what the other posts above say, there are quite a few phones that sync with outlook, and you certainly don't have to have microsoft os to do that.

Some examples:

Palm based phones -- Treo 650, Treo 600, Samsung I500

Pocket PC based phones -- HTC6700, HTC6600, HP6300 series, HP6700 series, Samsung I730, Samsung I700, Samsung I600

Many Motorola phones can sync as well as long as you have a USB cable and the 'motorola mobile phone tools' software -- i have an A780 and E815 and both of those sync with outlook with that software.

And there are obviously the Blackberry handhelds as well which are easy to sync remotely if you have a server running the Blackberry server program.
yourtmobilerep

Dec 9, 2005, 10:57 AM
BlackBerry's are great for that...actually their main purpose.
VZW_SMS

Dec 10, 2005, 12:08 AM
Yes. The bluetooth profile for syncing outlook with the Motorola V710 and E815 is supurb (if you can manage to get your hands on a copy of Motorola Mobile Phone Tools program).
dbarnhart

May 4, 2006, 10:27 PM
I say it is time to change the paradigm and think about the problem differently. Broadband on our phones will soon be so ubiquitous that we'll be using phone-friendly web apps for calendaring, lists, and contacts. The Web 2.0 movement will make its way to our phones

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.