Mouth-to-ear Latency 1.1 - 1.5 seconds

PTT over GPRS (PoC Standard)
Average call set-up 1-2 seconds
Mouth-to-ear Latency 1-3 seconds

PTT over EV-DO Rev. A
Average call set-up
nextel18

Sep 27, 2005, 12:51 PM
hmm it didnt show the push to talk ev-do rev a for me...

well anyway for PTT over EV-DO Rev. A
the average call set up is= less then 1 second
the mouth to ear latency is= under .5 seconds.
AshDizzle

Oct 5, 2005, 10:38 PM
HAHA

Nextel you are the master of deception. I like how all the things you put on the first post, Nextel's beat all them out. But you included the winner on the second post, so maybe no one will look there.

Great job.
Vox Dei

Oct 6, 2005, 6:29 PM
You do understand that nextel/sprint (the company) is going to EV-DO rev A route...this is the company he pushes...Why would he hide something he is promoting?
halo

Oct 8, 2005, 10:09 AM
iDEN PTT will be around till at least 2010. Sprint will be pushing CDMA for voice and introduce QChat for EV-DO, but won't replace their iDEN anytime soon. Only way they'll completely get rid of it is if EV-DO latency and connect times could be reduced to that equal to or less than iDEN and possible if it doesn't have to go through the public switch network (where all phone calls go through).
jlsmarts

Oct 6, 2007, 1:14 AM
So I have this question:

With the introduction of these various 3-3.5G mobile technologies, wouldn't it be to the advantage of U.S. wireless carriers to explore a PoC(OMA) standard for PTT? I could imagine increased RPLs (revenue per line) if an ATT customer to PTT a Nextel/Sprint or VZW customer? Everyone makes money by charging extra for PTT...right???
nextel18

Oct 6, 2007, 7:51 AM
They can because with these 4G+ networks it allows for a better PTT environment both on the set up call and intra calling. It would make, because of the lesser latency, a possible situation that perhaps people would use.

When you have customers from different carriers having what we call interoperability, it can be done but it is challenging. Moreover, Sprint would never let anyone use its Qchat solution or else they would not have made that solution proprietary. It would not be in their interest to share. They could but it would not be wise.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.