Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 7 replies

what I want in my next cell phone

baggins_69

Sep 8, 2005, 1:01 PM
I don't want to haul around a phone, MP3 player, camera, PDA, notebook etc.

what I want is one device, the size of my cell phone that combines all the features of these devices.

what I want:

size of my current cellphone (Audiovox cdm-9900)

cell phone features at least as good as current + mp3 ringtones

2MP 3x optical zoom camera w/ VGA/30fps movie mode

industry standard flash memory card/data in industry standard storage format

read and write files on flash card using standard tools in windows, linux and macos

play MP3 and mpeg/mp4/divx (at VGA/30fps when driving remote display)(limitation to proprietary formats unacceptable, but support for proprietary formats in addition to standard formats desirable)

PDA capabil...
(continues)
lorna

Sep 8, 2005, 2:45 PM
I am truly humbled by this. 😁

-Lorna
Vox Dei

Sep 8, 2005, 5:51 PM
Definatly possible. There are many ways to make wearable screens. The problem comes in price. Right now for what you want in the size you want would be so expensive that people wouldn't buy it in large enough quantities to be worth manufactureing it.
employeeoftheweek

Sep 9, 2005, 4:00 PM
Move to South Korea or China, Im sure theyll have the phone youre looking for in about 1 or 2 years. Have fun! Walk the great wall while youre waiting, It'll help pass the time. None of those requests are ridiculous, but itll be a while before they make a phone like that.
wirelessben

Sep 12, 2005, 12:17 AM
I want a phone that works as claimed.
Vox Dei

Sep 12, 2005, 5:11 PM
WHAT??? You ask the impossible. you should lower your standards.... ;)
ORDinBNA

Sep 12, 2005, 2:31 PM
I want it to work right. I am sick of phones that start having problem 6-8 months after I buy it.

Moto Clue in
jed_ed

Sep 12, 2005, 4:40 PM
something that has a casing impermeable to humidity or perspiration, its ridiculous how many phones have liquid damage that don't come into contact with water.

an os that utilizes the gps so the phone can be used as a gps

a heavy duty charging port that won't corrode and mess the phone up, maybe a cover unlike the cheap grey piece of rubber that cam with my sam 650

something you're confident enough to put a 2 year warranty on

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.