Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 5 replies

AT&T thowing in the flag on PTT deployment

MarkF

Apr 24, 2004, 7:05 AM
http://www.thestreet.com/tech/scottmoritz/10156283.html »

Now only if Verizon and Sprint would do the same.
ziggystardust

Apr 24, 2004, 2:29 PM
I agree.. AT&T needs to first resolve the problems it has now before adding to its mess with introducing new technology that isnt perfected yet. (like when AT&T launched GSM 2 years ago, it was way to soon)
gjh311

Apr 28, 2004, 10:08 AM
Not quitting, just waiting, waiting until the PoC standard is finalized and with that T mobile ATTWS and Cingular can all be interoperable....eventually working in CDMA carriers as well... What I cant understand is that although nextel is as of right now tops in PTT their overall footprint and nationwide voice coverage is absolutely unacceptable...ANY other carrier offers MUCH more voice coverage than nextel...eventually I think this will be Nextel's downfall in a couple of years...they need to expand this or risk falling behind very quickly
MarkF

Apr 28, 2004, 11:14 AM
Once NEXTEL gets the Consensus Plan pushed thru they will have continuous nationwide spectrum and won't have to site license.

Just wait n see...they aren't going away.
gjh311

Apr 28, 2004, 11:21 AM
That is unless of course that they have to be integrated with a CDMA based carrier because of the iDEn 2 way radio causing too much interference with PD and FD dispatch radios...Hmmm...Verizon absorbing Nextel...I could see it..
MW2

Apr 28, 2004, 4:29 PM
there are still strong rumor's of nextel looking into trying to buy sprint. so who know's at this point.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.