Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 15 replies

little dot on the bakc of the batteries

XevKai

Sep 1, 2005, 3:52 PM
What's up all?

I work in the industry, but I got a question about something. Ont he back of your phone battery there is a little (pink and white?) dot/indicator. Now, is the purpose of that for companies to know if the phone has water damage or not? Im just wondering it would help when kids bring thier phones back to the store and use the "uh it just stopped working"

Anyone know what Im talking about?
Vox Dei

Sep 1, 2005, 4:06 PM
yes. That's exacly what it's for. It changes colour when it gets wet...No i'm not sure which colour is good and which is bad though.
XevKai

Sep 1, 2005, 4:26 PM
Awesome thats what I thought (we just tested the theory on a phone in the recycle bin.) Anywhere we could get the key to the different phones and what color they change?
Vox Dei

Sep 1, 2005, 4:47 PM
I don't know. Ask your supplier. Or give the Manufacture a call. Tell them your a dealer and i'm sure they will tell you.
XevKai

Sep 1, 2005, 4:49 PM
Good Idea, thanks for the help!
freedomrep

Sep 3, 2005, 1:31 PM
White with dots is good. If the phone gets wet it bleeds to a different color than white. I have never seen anything other than red or pink though.
ralph_on_me

Sep 3, 2005, 2:44 PM
Yep, if they're okay I usually see white dots or a white spot with purple x's on it. White dots turn red, purple x's smear.
wirelessben

Sep 12, 2005, 12:23 AM
If it gets a little wet it spears to a solid color. A lot wet and it disentigrates completely.

Actually got to see this in action when I dropped my phone is a river while fishing 😳

IT was under water about 30 seconds. BUT it was July and I put it in my attic for a day and dried it out. (not the first person to do this) I am still using it 2 months later. although i am waiting on it to just quit one day.
lorilicious

Sep 12, 2005, 8:01 AM
yeah more than likely it will quit working or start to malfunction, you might start experiencing charging problems or screen fading, as corossion might build up inside the phone
BeardoMcWeirdo

Sep 20, 2005, 11:30 AM
As a Technician For Sprint I can tell you all that the Dot is only used for refrence. If the smear is seen the phone is not automatically Voided from Warranty. At a repair facility they will actually take the phone apart and inspect for corrosion. Once corrosion is seen in either the data port or anywhere else on the boards the phone is then Voided from Warranty. The dots do not change color they are just litmus paper. The dots will either wash away or smear when in contact with liquid.. However I have seen phones with a smear and Not voided the warranty due to no Corrosion.. Simple humity can cause the paper to smear aswell.. So like I said before the dots are only used for refrence and state whether the phone needs a deeper inspection or n...
(continues)
petenick

Sep 1, 2005, 5:50 PM
If the pink stripe bleeds out into the white area, it has come into contact with moisture, like on some nokia batteries. With most motorolas, the have a white dot behind the battery, usually on the area above the sim card slot (gsm only). When the dot contacts water, it turns bright red. On most moto's there is also a dot on the actual circuit board.
stevelvl

Sep 1, 2005, 7:15 PM
there are dots on the battery as well as out side and inside the phone. and those dots take a lot of mostier to change. it pritty much has to be submerdged to turn color. i have seen phones where the liquid indicators had little indications of liquid damage but when i opened up the phone there was excessive corrosion and even scourch marks.

samsung is white with purple lines when liquid comes in contact the purple runs befor it goes bleach white.

sanyo is white with pink. when liquid comes in contact the pink runs and will go bleached white with enough liquid.

nokia uses 2 types the first type is white with red lines and just like the others causes the red lines to run an dcan go bleached whote.

how ever audiovox and nokia will...
(continues)
aloha

Sep 1, 2005, 7:37 PM
stevelvl said:
there are dots on the battery as well as out side and inside the phone. and those dots take a lot of mostier to change. it pritty much has to be submerdged to turn color. i have seen phones where the liquid indicators had little indications of liquid damage but when i opened up the phone there was excessive corrosion and even scourch marks.

samsung is white with purple lines when liquid comes in contact the purple runs befor it goes bleach white.

sanyo is white with pink. when liquid comes in contact the pink runs and will go bleached white with enough liquid.

nokia uses 2 types the first type is white with red lines and just like the others causes the red lines to run an dcan go bleached whote.
(continues)
alejandro

Sep 2, 2005, 4:07 PM
You should know that on the internet, where people should know how to read and "type" more an anyone else, the supposed intelligent people who can figure out how to work the computer, still do not know how to speak english or type worth a damn, or even, review their own paragraphs. And, they are the ones who complain about immigrants who cant speak english.
XevKai

Sep 5, 2005, 3:35 PM
I just don't give a **** about my grammer or spelling haha So I don't bother reviewing anything. Mainly people can make out what Im trying to syat if I jumble a word up or something... Could be worse we could have the

OMG WAT R U DOING 2NIGHT? people
limopete

Sep 12, 2005, 12:44 PM
See spot run. Run Spot run.
Chicken little heard from his old buddy M. ( Heckuva job.) Brown about an impending hurricane. If the burning need for knowledge compels me there is a giant, batteries only, retail. I am fairly certain that his database will come up with a *GOTCC message. The battery industry has as many dirty little technology secrets as most every company has that manufactures of planned obsolete disposable consumer product. It would be interesting to see a www.battery.con

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.