Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Verizon or Cingular in California???

luvrgrrl

Jul 11, 2005, 1:39 PM
Okay so I need help: My Verizon contract is up very soon, and I don't know if I want to renew. I have been very pleased with Verizon in LA- I usually have reception in basements and things like Disneyland, the Bev Center (a tough one!) where others don't. But I keep hearing all of this hype on Cingular and GSM since the merger and I do like some of their features like rollover minutes and the fact that you can download free ringtones. (Verizon makes you use Get It Now which is sort of a rip-off.) And of course, Cingular has supercool (yet somewhat overrated imo, RAZR.) Their phone selection overall is just WAY better than Verizon. But my question and most important issue above cool things like fun ringtones and cool phones is reliability. Fr...
(continues)
drnaughty

Jul 12, 2005, 5:25 PM
I would absolutely recommend verizon... I have cingular service... it is very spotty... my phone doesn't work in parts of marina del rey, playa del rey, santa monica... it only works in my apartment (koreatown) if I sit in my front window. I work for a reseller... and by far verizon has the best coverage.
smd

Jul 12, 2005, 8:00 PM
my cingular works fine in the southbay, Palos Verdes is crap though, but that is how it is for EVERY carrier.
luvrgrrl

Jul 13, 2005, 12:11 AM
Thank you guys for the help- drnaughty may I ask what phone you have???
drnaughty

Jul 14, 2005, 11:18 AM
I've used the Siemens S56, Samsung S307, and am currently using the Motorola V220
AtTheMet

Jul 26, 2005, 7:53 PM
drnaughty said:
I've used the Siemens S56, Samsung S307, and am currently using the Motorola V220

Three not so hot phones w/o Bluetooth...
trini

Jul 27, 2005, 9:42 AM
If i download a movie to this phone will it show?
Really inportant!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.