Home  ›  Forums  ›

Techs & Trends

all discussions

What's the difference?

Ichiro51

Jun 24, 2005, 7:13 PM
What is the difference between GSM/CDMA/TDMA phones?

Is one better than the other? I'm not too familiar with cellphone that's why I'm asking this, anyone know more about it, please reply.

Thanks
simplymarcus

Jun 24, 2005, 7:24 PM
i think you should look up the terms in the glossary here on phonescoop. That will help narrow down your question your current question is to broad.
0siris

Jun 26, 2005, 3:30 PM
That's a tough question to answer. Not what makes them different. But which is better. They're different. As different as Ford and Chevy. Which is better?

GSM currently the majority standard around the world. TDMA is, in short, the predecessor to GSM. CDMA has been making headway against GSM, and, in fact, almost all upgrades for GSM in the future lead to becoming CDMA.

I have a huge preference for CDMA, but you'll find many who are the opposite. And many who agree with me.

For now, just think of CDMA and GSM. GSM works in Europe, as well as some carriers here. Many other areas of the world, too. They are incompatible, and very closely equal right now, in capability.

Or are you actually wanting to become more familiar ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.